(Closed) Wedding Crisis #45879: Wedding Chart Name Error

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: Wedding Blunder #45980: Should (the seating chart) stay or go?
    Stay, they'll understand -- they're young and they get mistakes happen : (30 votes)
    88 %
    Cough up the dough ($$$) and redo it.. What if that were you? : (4 votes)
    12 %
  • Post # 3
    368 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

I would say no – just call them up before the wedding and explain your error and apologize. No need to spend extra money for something they’ll spend barely a minute looking at!

Post # 4
    3969 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

@chastetiltuesdayFB:  Now, I realize it won’t look as pristine as it does now, but would there be a way to print out a label that uses the same font to put over it?

Post # 5
    4194 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

Can you put a label over their names to correct them? I know it’s not perfect, but it’s really not worth reprinting (vs. programs or invites, for ex.)

Post # 6
    745 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Call your brother to let him know (so they can find the kids), apoligize for the error, and let it go as printed. That’s what I’d do.

Post # 7
    11273 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

Can you cover it without making it look too obvious?

Post # 8
    2067 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I agree with PP — I would try to fix it yourself… white out, label, something?

Post # 9
    10453 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2014

If you can’t fix it easily, just let them know to search for that name. Mistakes happen!

Post # 10
    3569 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I agree don’t trash the whole thing, I think either print out a label to correct it, or explain to the kids and apologize.

Post # 11
    942 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

My partners name was wrong on the seating chart of our friends wedding. He didn’t even notice but when I pointed it out, we forgot about it very quickly. Minor issue I’m sure most wouldn’t mind. Not worth trashing over

The topic ‘Wedding Crisis #45879: Wedding Chart Name Error’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors