Post # 1
Hi There Ladies!
So I love weddingbee for the amazing people who are so supportive and willing to share in their special days and planning with everyone else! It makes for such a good community!
So here’s my problem, We’ve had our eye on a reception space and photgrapher for a few months now but unfortunately due to financial reasons we haven’t been able to put down deposits, but now due to some AMAZING raises we are FINALLY able to put everything down! yeahhhh !!!!!! Only to find out that our date has already been taken for both the venue and photgrapher…..
I am sooo disapointed!!! So both the photgrapher and venue have the week before open yeahh!! (the date isn’t a huge deal to us) onnnlllyyyy my lovely good friend and the lovely wife of FI’s best man lets me know that they already have a wedding that day for another friend…….
So now I’m soooo stuck !!! Do I go ahead and get the wedding venue and photgrapher that I want in the month (November 2011 ) that I want and for the (discounted because of the month) price that I want/can afford and say sorry to her that she has to choose between our weddings and make FI’s best man not even get to choose? or Do I reschedule the entire wedding and try for a march 2013 wedding in order to have her there?
She’s a really good friend of ours, her husband and my Fiance have been best friends since they were in grade school and since we’ve been together I’ve gotten to be good friends with them, her hubby is our sons godfather even. But I don’t know if it would be a deal breaker if she wasn’t at the wedding…..
What would you do?
Post # 3
oh no! Have you considered a Friday wedding?
Post # 4
@Ethans.mommie: Omg this is a tough one! Is the other wedding of a best friend as well? I know they are really important but I would book it. WHat if you can’t afford a different month without the discounts? The discounts are the main reason I would. If there is a way to still get a good deal maybe in october? Research all your options and go from there. Would you still be happy with the venue and photographer if they were not in attendance, or are they more important than the venue and photographer you want.
Post # 5
That’s a tough one. I think you have to assume that the people invited to weddings already scheduled will attend those instead of yours. It sucks, but everyone will not be able to make it. If they are really important to you and you think the day will be missing something if they are not there, then reschedule.
If not, go ahead with the wedding. There are only so many weekends in the year and it’s inevitable that someone important will miss your wedding.
Post # 6
y don’t you just move it to another date that fits everyone?
Post # 7
@Crabbabs: I agree. That certainly sucks. I mean, you don’t want to have to plan your wedding around 1 couple but you certainly want them there. Have you talked to your friends about it? Maybe the other wedding will be close enough to yours that they can do both (I’ve gone to 2 weddings in one day before).
Post # 8
This is a totally crappy situation. I was in a similar boat as my venue had only 2 possible dates open that we could choose from, and I had just found out my college girlfriend was expecting right around our preferred date. I really agonized over this – but I took the advice of another close friend of mine to do what worked best for us.
I was so sad my friend wasn’t there, but our families and our wedding party were all there and that was the most important thing. I also had two other friends who were unable to attend due to pregnancy; there will always be something that prevents some people from coming, no matter when you schedule the wedding.
If the best man can attend, then you need to do choose that date if that’s what is best for you.
Post # 9
Fiance and I have done back to back weddings (one on Friday, one on Saturday) in two different cities about 2 hours apart. It was a long weekend, but we were able to celebrate with both couples. Fiance was in both weddings.
Post # 10
Not everyone that wants to be there will/can be there no matter what date you pick. I’d go with the November date.
Post # 11
My SIL is having a short engagement and my family and I had planned a vacation over a year in advance. I told her about our vacation plans the minute I knew she was thinking of a June wedding, but of course, she picked the weekend we will be on vacation. I’m not attending her wedding since I already planned my family vacation well in advance, but my Darling Husband is now not going on the vacation. I’m not a happy camper, but it is what it is….so bottom line. Your friends probably won’t be happy, but you’re the bride and it’s your wedding pick whatever date you want.
Post # 12
Thats tough and all but I would try to be curteous of the other wedding because he’s your FI’s BEST FRIEND and GODFATHER and they sort of have other engagements already so that’s not fair to him…
a friday wedding is a GREAT option I think! He’ll save on renting a tux twice as well! it sounds like a great weekend to me! 😀
Post # 13
I would either have the wedding on Friday or Sunday. This way they could attend.
Post # 14
I sort of like the idea of doing the Friday wedding, Sunday is out of the question for our families, my only issue is that it’s a work day, Can I in all honestly justify asking all 130 of my guests to take at the very least a half day off work in order to accomodate having one person at the wedding…
The other wedding is a friend of hers from work so there’s not quite the history there as there is with our wedding for the best man. But I feel awful asking them to split up on that day…
We can’t do another month at this price since the venue is having the special only for the month of novemeber and the 3rd is the only saturday left in the month.
We could move it to march as there is another deal then but its no where near as good as this one but it’s still do-able for us.
Both weddings will be evening weddings a morning wedding doesn’t work for us at all so doing both in one day would not be do-able.
Post # 15
we are doing a friday wedding and when i suggested it to friends and family they had no problem taking at least a half day to make it a long weekend (especially in the summer)
we are having about 80 guests. ceremony at 4pm with reception to follow at same location
good luck making a decision!