(Closed) Wedding Day Disasters & Surprises

posted 7 years ago in Recaps
Post # 3
2701 posts
Sugar bee

@jellybellybear: ahhh no veil? sad!! That is great that your dancefloor was so hoppin!

In the huge rush to get out of the house, I forgot my bra. My wedding dress fit so well, I did not need a bra for my ceremony dress. However, my amazing lace vintage reception dress DID need a bra… I was bummed. And had to stay in my wedding dress the entire afternoon-with a three foot train. Not cool. Oh well, things happen 🙂

In a way I am actually glad that I had to wear my wedding dress, I got some great pictures in it!

Post # 4
1145 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We had a torrential downpour an hour before the ceremony that sent our outdoor cocktail hour space flyiing through the air.  Our vendors were awesome and literally held down our bar in the pouring rain and hail so the items wouldn’t blow away.  We narrowly escaped a really tragic outcome as I had made the call earlier that day when it was hot and sunny to move the ceremony inside.  Thank god!  There would be no way those chairs would have dried.  The worst part of the night ended up being how HOT, STEAMY and HUMID it got afterwards and the a/c in the house couldn’t keep up – well really, it was broken – I just found out about that this weekend after I asked the venue to check on the air system.  I had sweat dripping down my face at the altar and people were sweating through their clothes.  It was GROSS.  I had such a hard time dancing because of the heat and had to change out of my dress because it was just disgustingly hot and I really was going to pass out.  Here is a picture of my hair during dancing so you can see what I mean about it being hot.  My hair is wet and falling out.  NOT attractive!  lol.  I try not to let it bother me, but that weather really did wreak havoc on my day and I still have a pit in my stomach about it all.  Luckily we took a lot of pictures before the ceremony, when I don’t look like a sweaty mess.  *sigh*

Post # 5
5106 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Um, ours wasn’t really a disaster, but we totally forgot to light our wicks off of the taper candles that our parents lit during the unity candle ceremony. Like a couple of morons we lit them off of the small votive that was on the railing. DERT!

We didn’t even realize it until someone mentioned it the next day.

Whoops!

Oh, and since the month of September had been unusually rainy for our area, all of our heels were sinking in the grass. Therefore when one of my maids stepped on the side of my dress I had a perfect heel imprint of mud. It was before the ceremony and you could plainly see it where the dress fell normally.

But DH’s aunt came to the rescue and dabbed til her fingers fell off and got it out! I hugged her so tight she couldn’t breathe. lol

The topic ‘Wedding Day Disasters & Surprises’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors