(Closed) Wedding Day Hair & Makeup

posted 10 years ago in New York, Capital Region
Post # 3
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I am having my hair and makeup done by make me fabulous.  They are located in Ballston Spa but are coming to my location to do my hair and makeup and the bridesmaids.  They have been very good so far…..I did do a preview with them.  My wedding is this weekend so I will let you know.  Pray for no rain!

Their website is http://www.makemefabulous.com

Post # 4
21 posts
Newbee

Amy Elizabeth http://www.makeup-designs.com/ did my make-up for my Aug 9 wedding. She was recommended on the knot boards and I did a trial with her and then booked her for the wedding. She was awesome. She did my mother and my make-up, including trial, for a very reasonable price, and she travelled to my parents house where we were getting ready. Based on the results, the photos and the compliments, I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Post # 5
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Can vouch for Rumors, get my hair done there often, and although pricey they always do a nice job. 

Makeup–Genn Shaughnessy http://www.darkshadowsmedia.com.  Very dramatic makeup. Love it.  STill looking for a hairdresser.  Inbetween the classical concepts salon in saratoga or the rumors salon in latham. 

To the bride that has make me fabulous..considering them as well. Please update whether you liked them! 

Post # 6
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2009

A&Co. in Colonie is doing my hair/makeup.  You can go to their salon (which is super cute and relaxing) or they’ll come to you.  Ask for Ashley or Kaylena.  They are reasonably priced too, cheaper than Make Me Fabulous!

Post # 7
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I have been looking too and a co-worker had recommended Make Me Fabulous (cheesy name, but non-cheesy results).  Their prices seemed rather steep to me, but everything about weddings seems more expensive than it should be.

Post # 8
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I’m using Make Me Fabulous. I had my hair/make-up trial in April, and I can’t recommend them enough. Their prices are high, but you get what you pay for. My hair stylist was Anne, and my make-up artist was Nicole. I loved both of them. The owner, Alayne, is so friendly and really wants to make her customers happy.

I had a great experience with them, and I’m confident they’ll do a great job on my wedding day.

They’re also available to travel to your location, rather than having to go to them.

Post # 9
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I am having Timelessupdos do my hair.  Although, I haven’t had my trial yet, I am very impressed by the results, and others in the area have reccommended them.  I’m getting married next July and doing everything from a distance, so I am booking everything early.  The great thing with them is that they only come to you!  Perfect for me, since my ceremony is in the late morning. 

I’m still looking for a makeup artist, but hope to find one in the next few months.

Good luck!!

The topic ‘Wedding Day Hair & Makeup’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors