(Closed) Wedding + dinner reception in Ottawa for 100 guests for under 10k. Is it doable?

posted 5 years ago in Ottawa, Canada
Post # 3
2359 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

It’s doable if you find the right venue.   Preferably not a hotel, banquet hall, wedding specific venue.

Post # 6
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

It would be tough to do something in central Ottawa, with a full meal, for less thank $10k. However, you could certainly work with a caterer to do either a brunch, or cocktail reception full of delicious passed food, within that price range. I met with Tulips & Maple, and while they are a higher end caterer, there is no end to their creativity and they’d be able to help come up with a menu that will impress and stay on budget.

The City of Ottawa also has some really pretty spaces, that are budget conscious. I would look into the Old Ottawa South Community Centre, Glebe Community Centre, and the Rockcliffe Park Library for affordable venues that still have charm.

Post # 7
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@needshelpplanning:  Also, don’t feel the time crunch! I  started planning my October 2013 wedding last month and am so tired of people acting like planning a wedding in 9 months is crazy. If you are flexible and decisive, 9 months is plenty of time! Tackle anything that needs to be booked/reserved first (venue, caterer, photographer) and then move onto time sensitive things (dress, invites). Sometimes a checklist timeine, like the one on TheKnot, can be good to  help keep things in a timely order. My Fiance and I both work in politically involved jobs and have busy days too, if we can do it anyone can 🙂

Post # 8
190 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Orchard View has good prices but it”s a little far.  They also set everything up for you.  

To save money you can do your own flowers as well from Costco.  That’s what I plan on doing.  just make sure to do a practice run first.

There’s The MIFO Center in Orleans that does weddings.  A little less expesive as well. 

You could do a community Center Hall and bring in your own food and Alcohol or you’re own caterer.

The topic ‘Wedding + dinner reception in Ottawa for 100 guests for under 10k. Is it doable?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors