- 4 years ago
- Wedding: July 2014
So I got engaged late October and the wedding is in the summer — destination wedding in Europe! I am a planner at heart and it is starting to interfer with my work. I work in a field that is time consuming and demanding, so I really can’t drop the ball.
I think I’ve gotten some of the big stuff out of the way, like
1. Venue and hotel rooms for guest (at discount!), booked
2. Church, booked
3. Save the dates (a DIY, almost done, just need to be addressed and sent)
4. Wedding invites (a DIY, all items purchased, just need to be assembled)
5. Wedding dresses, ordered
6. Photographer, booked
7. Decorations for venue, selected
8. Wedding registry, done
9. Wedding website, done
10. Guest gifts (selected but can’t be assembled until closer to the date)
11. Groom’s attire, done
1. Figuring out how much alochol we need for the venue (it is a DIY bar, but venue will run the bar… got lucky with that!)
2. Flights (waiting for a seat sale!)
3. Cake (mom will be taking care of this)
4. Flowers (literally only need my bouquet)
5. Flower girl dress, as children grow like weeds, waiting to order
6. Ring bearer, waiting to order
7. Bestman gift
8. Videographer (mom wants one… contacted one and in process of booking)
FYI we are not having a wedding party… just having 3 flower girls and 3 ring bearers, which makes it super easy.
I should mentioned… I helped plan my shower party as well. Which is totally okay and needed to happen as my FI side of his family will have to fly in. I needed to know when it was… and frankly they all know I am a pretty darn good party planner, so my expertise was brought in.
So I feel like I have gotten a lot accomplished… but I am still constantly looking for cute weddings things… for instance, I stumbled on BHLDN today and just purchased these for our wedding:
I got a couple of other things like… the card I will give my groom on our wedding day, and a banner that says ‘here comes the bride’.
Ahh how do you Bee’s stop yourselves from constantly planning your wedding?!?