(Closed) Wedding Dress & Reception Dress

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1801 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I think you could easily wear either one of these for the whole shebang really.  They both seem like they could stand alone as wedding dresses.

Post # 4
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

<3 Unique Vintage!  That said, both dresses are supercute and could stand alone as wedding dresses, but seeing as the shapes are similar, maybe you would like a more fun and different reception dress?  If not, you could always dress up/down the reception dress with some interesting jewelry & accessories.

Post # 5
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I like both, but each one is beautiful and could be used for the entire day. Perhaps you would like to go with a different silhouette or length for the reception? I will be having a shorter dress for the second half of the reception–you know, when it’s time to get jiggy with it (;

Post # 6
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’ll be wearing two also, one for the ceremony and one for the reception.  I think a lot of girls end up doing it this way.  If you fall in love with two, and together they’re still under your budget – go for it!

Post # 7
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Do what makes you happy!

My thinking on multiple dresses is that it’s a good idea if you have a particularly unwieldy dress to change into something more managable for the reception. But also, wedding dresses are so pretty and expensive, why not get as much mileage as possible? Looking at these two, I do have to agree with everyone that they are really both nice but sort of similar in structure, but then, if you love them both, you’re not really going to get another chance to wear either of them!

Post # 8
84 posts
Worker bee

Congrats…I did the exact same thing…bought my Milana (get it in a month…soooooo nervous!) I also bought a reception dress as well…a short one. I am so nervous!!! I wish you the best of luck, I am sure that you look beautiful!! Congrats! When is your wedding? If we have the same day…that would be way too scary!

Post # 10
1385 posts
Bumble bee

They’re so similar I would just buy one myself. It’s like the second one is just the first sans the details. I’d say just go for one, but that’s just me!

Post # 11
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2011

The second dress is really beautiful!

Post # 12
3252 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

both of these dresses are amazing.

Post # 13
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Are you going to be dancing?  The second one looks a little constricting on the legs, that would be my only concern.

Post # 14
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I would never take that first dress off!! What if not everyone gets to see it? If you stick with one dress you can splurge on accessories…

Post # 15
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi, I think that both dresses would be amazing as a wedding dress, and in just my opinion, I would definitely go with the crowd and choose something a bit more funky just something of a different length for your reception dress. Something that is going to be comfortable and easy to dance in.

Congrats on your amazing find!

The topic ‘Wedding Dress & Reception Dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors