(Closed) Wedding Dress!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - The Vineyard and Winery at Lost Creek, VA

I bought the first dress I tried on. I wasn’t even planning on buying my dress yet, I had an idea of what I wanted from pintrest-ing, but I wanted to go in and try on different shapes and such to get a good feeling.  While they were pulling different dresses, I browsed and found my dress! I tried it on first and never took it off! I ordered it on the spot! The pic is the sample dress so it doesn’t fit super well, but you get the idea 🙂 

Post # 4
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - The Vineyard and Winery at Lost Creek, VA

View original reply
stephanierose2016:  Thank you!! I Can’t wait until I get the dress in August.  I would say if you love your dress before and after trying it on- get it.  I can see how brides drives themselves crazy, if you try on 100 dresses I have to imagine you’ll be overwhelmed.  If you LOVE what you found, you won’t have any dress regret

Post # 5
1979 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I fell in love with the Serencia  Maggie Sottero but when i was shopping for a dress it wasn’t available.  So i purchased a different MS dress from a repLica website,  but when it came I was disappointed by it’s quality.  So i returned the dress and was searching again.  By that time the Serencia just arrived in store and i was able to try it and buy it! 

Post # 6
4556 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

No I did not fall in love with the first dress I tried on, or even the first dress I purchased. I had dress regret and bought another one, that I am definitely in love with! I agree with a pp, if you are thinking about it before and after you’re out of it, it’s probably the one, especially if you keep going back to it.

Post # 9
1319 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
stephanierose2016:  I also fell in love with an Alfred Angelo dress online and that’s the dress I bought! My consultant actually had me try on that dress last to kind of build up to it I guess, but I did buy it at my first appointment

Post # 10
2360 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I think a lot of people buy the 1st dress they try on…but I wouldn’t think that it was the ‘only’ dress they tried on. You should definitely try on at least 1 dress of each style (ballgown, mermaid, a-line etc) and also a few dresses in the style that you like best…even if to only validate your choice in the 1st dress. I love thag dress too & it looks perfect on you 🙂 

Post # 11
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

When I went to try on dresses I tried on a few, but I did end up purchasing the very first one I tried on. My aunt came with me and picked it out saying “I know this isn’t your style but you never know how it will look until you try it on, theres no harm and if anything just see how it fits your body”. I fell in love with the fit, the look, and how it made me feel I even started crying. I knew it was the one and I couldn’t be happier. I only have a picture of the model wearing it because the sample dress they had me try on didn’t fit properly on the top but was a great fit on the bottom.

1311722138brinleyrk

The topic ‘Wedding Dress!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors