Post # 1
So, I am looking for someone to alter my wedding dress. I bought the dress on a sample sale and it needs taken in, probably hemmed and a few of the beads need re-tacked on. Anyone had a good experience with an seamstress in the Seattle-Tacoma-Olympia area?
Post # 3
Darcy Martin with A Fragile Fit. She is very $$ reasonable and very very good. She is in Lynwood. 425.918.1310
Post # 4
See this post for many suggestions.
Post # 5
Teddy’s Custom Dressmaker in Downtown Seattle
1424 4th Ave in the Pike & 4th building – Suite 726
She’s done work on MANY a bridesmaids dress for me and I’ve referred her to quite a few clients for alterations on their gowns – she doesn’t speak the greatest english so you really have to articulate yourself well, but her work is fantastic!
Post # 6
I am getting my dress altered by Darcy with A Fragile Fit, too. I have heard amazing things about her. Her prices seem fair.
I just had my first fitting on Saturday and this is what I’m being charged for:
Take in bust: $55
Bra cups: $25
Bustle (5 point, french): $45
Total: $268.28 with tax
The hem is a little much but I have a lot of intricate bead work and lace on the bottom of my dress. I estimated that my alterations would cost about $250 and it came out pretty darn close! I know that she will do an excellent job with my dress 🙂
Post # 7
I also used Darcy with Fragile Fit and she did a great job. I bought a sample dress that ended up being about 2 sizes too big after I lost weight. What she did:
1. Hemmed it – the bottom was bubble style, but I had her just do a normal hem (no big deal). Also, it had a tiny train, but I had her do away with that so it was floor length all around.
2. I had it taken in on top.
3. Raised the waist? She did something with the waist because the belt wasn’t hitting the right spot. It was hitting at my hip and not my waist, so she did something to the top of the skirt that involved detaching it from the bodice and working magic. Not sure. But it hit perfectly when she was finished.
4. Removed the beaded belt, but she didn’t charge for that because she said it was easy. Oh, and she removed one layer of crinoline but she didn’t charge for that either.
Not sure what the breakdown was, but I paid around $255 total.
Post # 8
Darcy Martin is doing mine too, she is so nice and I was happy to make the drive from Seattle to Lynnwood. I get it back in 3 weeks!
Post # 9
Just came back from the first fitting with Darcy Martin (Fragile Fit). My dress has layers of tulle, with lots of lace and crystal beads. The total cost is $334 with tax. Here’s the breakdown:
1. Hem at waist, remove upper layer of crinoline – $140
2. take in bust – $75
3. 7 point bustle – $45
4. lower front neckline – $45
The final cost was very close to what I expected from the estimated price list on her website (http://fragilefit.com/index.php)