(Closed) Wedding dress for $1,000 – $3,000 budget range

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Check out Watters/Wtoo dresses! And Tara Keely is a cheaper line by the same JLM Couture group that has Lazaro. They share a website anyway!

Post # 4
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

My dress is an Enzoani ($3135 but I got it for $1926 at a sample sale). But the less expensive dresses under this same designer are under the Enzoani Blue line.

Post # 5
2462 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Off the top of my head, some designers that I think are within your price range are

White by Vera Wang

Allure

Maggie Sottero

Watters (My personal favorite! Some of the dresses could be a little more than your price range, but their Wtoo line is definitely within your range.)

Demetrios

Pronovias

Justin Alexander

La sposa

Mori Lee

Enzoani

And I’m sure there are PLENTY more that I just haven’t thought of.

Post # 6
2203 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I tried on some great Tara Keely, Enzoani, and Pronovias dresses that were all around $2k and were really well made.

Post # 7
2023 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Allure Couture gowns are in that range!  That’s what mine is!

Post # 8
1448 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

You have lots of options.  Don’t limit yourself because the people on SYTTD say that it’s hard to find a dress in the ~$2k price range.

Mine is an Allure, and before tax it was under $1000.  I’m biased towards them because I bought my dress from that line, but they have so many different styles that I think it would be easy to find something you like.  Their bridesmaids dresses are really well-constructed also.

If you absolutely have to have a designer dress (Lazaro, Vera Wang – not DB Bridal Vera Wang, Monique Lhillier, etc), I would suggest trying sample sales or seeing if you can get a sample off of PreownedWeddingGowns.  I found my dress on Preowned new (in the right size but wrong color) for a couple hundred bucks less than what I paid for mine.

Good luck and have fun!

Post # 9
3415 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

You can find TONS of designer dresses for under $3k.  I think brides watch SYTTD and think “OMG I’m going to have to spend at least $10k on a dress.” It’s not true.

Maggie Sottero has dresses all under $3k

Allure

Essance of Australia

Vera Wang

Mori Lee

Watters and Wtoo

You’ll be amazed at what you can find for $2k or less actually.

Post # 10
8444 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

Another vote for Allure, but you’ll just have to try on a few and see what fits you best.

Post # 11
206 posts
Helper bee

Hailey Paige, Augusta Jones, Ivy and Aster:)

Post # 12
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@goldfish2308:  I LOVE the show Say Yes to the Dress (it has lots of designer gowns). I’ve been watching it for years and I promised myself in college I’d go to Kleinfeld for my gown…theeeeen I realized that’s just too far out of my reach. BUT I found my favorite gown from the show in unworn condition for at least 1/3rd (if not 1/4th) of the original price on preownedweddingdresses.com.

I got my all time favorite designer gown for $2,000. 

Here is a Lazaro list:

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/by-designer/Lazaro-wedding-dresses.html  

I say, pick out the ones you think you may love. Go to a boutique, try them on. Figure out your size and then try to get it for way less used online. Just be sure not to pay more than around half, I think the brides that discount a worn gown by 1/3rd are ridiculous.

Post # 13
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I have to add Casablanca to the suggestions! I think their prices are generally at the lower end of your budget actually, around $1000. I recently ordered my dress from them, and it was $900 but I changed it to a corset back which added about $100. They allow lots of changes like that, too, which I really liked. 

Post # 14
9548 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Another vote for Watters! That’s what I ended up with. And, really, like half of the dresses I really liked were Watters or Wtoo (their cheaper line which still totally rocks!) Also, talk to your birdal consultants because my dress was marked for over $4,500 but we got it for $2,900.

Post # 16
2968 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

definitely check out allure! their dresses are so beautiful! but i might be a little biased since i was an allure bride 🙂

i also really liked casablanca’s and pronovias’ dresses. 

The topic ‘Wedding dress for $1,000 – $3,000 budget range’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors