(Closed) Wedding Dress for $1000 or less??

posted 13 years ago in Seattle
Post # 17
72 posts
Worker bee

Also, you might try Champagne Taste in Kirkland – a consignment store specializing in bridal gowns.  They have some beautiful things, including veils, shoes and handbags, bm dresses and mob dresses.

Post # 18
629 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2005

I won my gown on ebay for $275. You can also keep an eye on Craig’s List gown sales (not the individual ones unless you know what you’re looking for), but the everything must go ones.

Post # 19
2 posts
Wannabee

Chrissy (from wai-ching) will really work with you to customize a dress, but I would suggest using her if you really like the style of dresses that she has on her site.  I’m having her make my dress and I love it!  I don’t think she would be the best to just copy a dress from somewhere else (not that there’s anything wrong with that!) because she has such a unique style.  The great thing about the price of her dresses too is that they’re made to fit you, so you won’t have to pay any extra for alterations on top of the price of the dress. 

Post # 20
7 posts
Newbee

I am using Trish Jens (PA Jens Custom Sewing) to make my dress.  I gave her a budget of $1200 and she said that was very generous.  So I bet she could make you a custom dress for less than $1000.  I’ve been really impressed with Trish’s skills so far!

Post # 21
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2008

key when shopping: don’t even LET the girl helping you show you dresses out of your price range. Make it very very clear to her you are on a budget and you will be able to find the perfect dress…

Some girls only want designer dresses…but mine from Davids Bridal…on sale for $599 looks like a $5000 designer dress. The beading is beautiful and no one believes how inexpensive it is! 🙂

Good luck!

Post # 22
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

We are paying for everything ourselves so saving money was very important for us. I ended up getting both my dresses on eBay and love them!!! The first one I got for the ceremony is a beautiful white strapless aline with intricate embroidery and beading on the bodice, I got it new for $100 with the shipping. I wish I had a picture of it. The second one I got is for the reception because my FH said he likes sweetheart top dresses and this one caught my eye right away. I got this one to surprise him. Even though it is ivory instead of white, I am in love with this dress and cannot wait for it come in. But it was $60 with shipping so I can’t complain.

Just keep checking and you’re bound to find something you love.  

Post # 24
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2008

I bought my dress at Pricess Bride in Bothell.  I went there because they are the only Seattle area retailer that carries Sophia Tolli.  I ended up buying the dress I went there to look at and I love it!  The original price was $1,000, but I got it on their Sophia Tolli event and saved 20%. 

Keep an eye out for Trunk Shows if you are eyeing  particular designer!  And I would recommend trying Sophia Tolli. 

Post # 25
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2008

I second Craigslist! Although I bought mine at a bridal store (total fluke…) I still check out C-list just for fun because there are some really gorgeous finds on there! And, like they say, "only worn once" (ha ha.. I have to refrain from rolling my eyes each time I read that).

You can search ALL the Craigslists all at once too – try http://crazedlist.org/

Looking for your dress is THE best part. Have fun and good luck!  🙂

Post # 26
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2008

If the timing and location are right, consider going to the Finlene’s Basement Bridal event. 

It kind of a huge ordeal but worth it for me in the end.  I got my Ramona Keveza silk dress there for $700 and it originally sold for $4000.  There are tons of designer dresses there so there’s a good chance you’ll find a dress you like.  They have only 3 prices for the sale: $250, $499 and $699.  It’s worth a try to get a designer dress for less.  Good luck!

Post # 27
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2009

I got my dress at David’s Bridal for $600.  I’m saving money on alterations by having an independent seamstress alter it instead of the bridal salon.

I know what people say about David’s, but I found a dress I love at a great price.  If you go during their $99 sale, most of their dresses are on sale (even if they aren’t al $99).

Post # 28
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2008

I second Casablanca gowns.  Youcan get a brand new one for less than $1000, and they are really very nice.  I know Casablanca has differing opinions on here, but mine was gorgeous for $850.  It was embroidered and crystallized, and the hem had scalloped edging with the embroidery…..anyway, you should look at them!

Post # 29
4 posts
Wannabee

I second Champaign Tastes in Kirkland.  I saw a Vera Wang dress there for less than $2K and there were a bunch of Lulu Yang as well.

Post # 30
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

There are gazillion of Maggie Sottero or Sottero and Midgley gowns that are under $1000.  The good/bad thing is that Maggie has fixed her gown prices so you won’t get it cheaper any where.

Amanda’s bridal in Redmond has a lot of choices for under $1K.  In fact I saw very few of their dresses over $1k.

Post # 31
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I’m sorry to open an old thread, the original poster probably already has a dress, but EVERYONE shopping for dresses should check out Blue Sky Bridal. It’s a wedding dress consignment store that is WAY cleaner (eg.no fleas) than Chapagne Taste. The owner does selective consignment so it’s not jsut a bunch of dresses from 1984, it’s all current styles and most are in great shape. Those that aren’t have that relected in the price and she has great recs for people who do alterations. My only suggestion would be DON’T go on a hot day, there’s not a lot of ventillation and I turned into a sweat ball trying on dresses. I felt really bad about it, but the owner was SO sweet and promised to keep me updated if anything she thought I might like comes in to the shop. Fun!

http://www.blueskybridal.com/

Also, every dress I tried on was well under $1000. I was pretty surprised at how inexpensive the dresses were, a few still had tags on. 

The topic ‘Wedding Dress for $1000 or less??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors