(Closed) Wedding Dress for $1000 or less??

posted 11 years ago in Seattle
Post # 32
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I went to a small town downtown bridal/prom/tuxedo shop, and ended up buying my dress and veil there.  It’s a Maggie Sottero, and it’s gorgeous, and it was only about $650!  I was so happy!  You might try leaving Seattle proper and checking for a small family owned place, or find someone who carries Maggie Sottero dresses.  And, even if you don’t think they’re what you want, try them on!!!!!  Good luck to you!

Post # 33
15 posts
Newbee

I also found a Maggie Sottero dress under $1K.  It’s a lacy mermaid style.  Maggie Sottero has a lot of options for every style.

Post # 34
7081 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Eden Bridal, which is carried by I Do bridal in Wallingford is really affordable.  My favorite dress by them is $750… but I think I just fell in love with an Augusta Jones… If you are willing to forgo the silk and go tafetta instead, you can get it for just over $1000.

Post # 35
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I was addicted to Monique Lhuillier wedding dresses but the price range was out of the question.  I tried looking on ebay, preownedweddingdresses.com but even the used ones were still in the 3000’s.  So I put up a WANTED ad on Craigslist.  And a seller contacted me and told me she had the valentine vest with the coco skirt.  THE EXACT Dress I wanted.  She posted the dress for me on Ebay (so both seller and buyer has a sound piece of mind) and I purchased it for 1000 including shipping!  Keep in mind i have never tried on the dress. but when it arrived i threw it on and it was perfect. i have to get the top altered to fit.  previous bride had double d’s… im working with sum A’s at this point.  so yes alternations are def. necessary!  anywaise.  try putting out a wanted ad on craigslist.

Post # 36
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Ebay! Snagged a dress for $35!!! It was $24.99 + $10 shipping. I’m super proud of that. It’s a Jessica McClintock for Gunne Sax. It was listed under Prom Dresses. It’s a white gown with a sweep train. How many teenagers do you see wearing trains to their proms? I just need the top taken in a bit, but other than…it’s exceeded my expectations of a $35 dress! It’s my 2nd dress though…1st one is my mom’s wedding gown!

Good luck!

Post # 37
51 posts
Worker bee

I love my Casablanca gown!  It was about $900 but I got 10% off since I bought it during a trunk show.

Post # 38
184 posts
Blushing bee

I went into dress shopping with a budget of about $700, I couldn’t imagine spending thousands on a wedding dress, just didn’t make sense to me.  I tried on a lot of awesome gowns below that amount (and one I would have died for at $1,200, but again wouldn’t let myself spend that much.)

I ended up getting my dress for $300 from a second-hand bridal store, all repairs and cleaning included.  I love the dress and definitely love the price!  It doesn’t bother me at all that someone has already worn the dress for their wedding, it just gets that much more loving.

Post # 39
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

There is a great website for preowned and most of the time you will find new ones:

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/

Also look for the sample sales in your area.  I was surprised at how amazing their prices were.  Jcrew and Ann Taylor I think have beautiful stuff for a great price and you make it your own with accessories.  Finally ebay always has wedding dresses.

Post # 40
6 posts
Newbee

I purchased a used dress on eBay for $50. David’ Bridal sells this style for $500. I had the dress cleaned and now I have a perfect dress for my wedding!

Post # 41
24 posts
Newbee

you may want to check out http://www.jcrew.com, they have a weddings and parties section…

Post # 42
66 posts
Worker bee

You may have a dress at this point, but I thought I’d add another place to get nice wedding dresses for under $1000 just in case.  Try going to a Making Memories event, which is a breast cancer organization that raises money by selling bridal gowns that designers donate.  There are a couple of events that will be hosted in October in Washington.  You can check out http://www.makingmemories.org for more information.

The dresses run from $99-$799, sizes 4-24, and you can find designers like Christos, Jasmine, Melissa Sweet.   Also, seamstresses attend the event to help you figure alteration costs and decide on a dress.  I bought a 100% silk Marisa dress for $499, around 60% less than the original cost.  I was excited!

Post # 43
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Just wondering… is it okay (or maybe I should say, is it legal???) to use a picture of a gown that I like and have it custom-made by a seamstress that I know? Are the dresses copyrighted? I, too, am on a tight budget and woouldn’t want to spend over $1000 on a dress.

Post # 44
266 posts
Helper bee

Commenting to follow. I’ll most likely be shopping in CA for my dress, but I live in Seattle so this is great!

The topic ‘Wedding Dress for $1000 or less??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors