94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

Mine was $450 at David’s Bridal, it’s their brand 🙂 Capture1

Post # 3
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

David’s, Alfred Angelo, Nicole Miller, J. Crew, and BHLDN all have options under $1K. I think even Asos now has a wedding section as well. 

Post # 4
7440 posts
Busy Beekeeper

David’s and Alfred angelo are in that price range. You could also look at Mori lee

Post # 5
195 posts
Blushing bee

Mine is a mori lee and got it for 959. 

Post # 6
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

My dress was $600 from BHLDN. (It’s technically a reception dress.) Asos and Modcloth also have wedding sections if she likes that style. If she doesn’t mind a used or sample dress, check preownedweddingdresses.com.

Post # 7
1065 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Mine was White by Vera Wang from DB, and I got it for around $700.

Post # 8
481 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016 - Theater

Maggie Sottero has some dresses under 1k, of course taxes can bump up the price a little over. Mine was under 1k without taxes. Consignment stores will have dresses for cheaper as they are samples or preworn.

One idea is to go dress shopping for styles and then just find the dresses/styles she likes preowned. No shame in that, more shame in letting those gowns only see the light of day once.

Post # 9
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Stella York has some under $1000!  Mine was $920.

Post # 10
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2016

It doesn’t have to be labeled a wedding dress to be one.  I recommend shopping at Nordstrom, Macy’s, Saks, Bloomingdales, etc.  Brands like Adrianna Papell, Eliza J, Sue Wong, Tadashi Shoji, Terani Couture all have dresses that look almost identical to many wedding dress brands today. They’re high end luxury brands that are in the hundreds rather than the thousands.  They just don’t have trains.  Also, there are some beautiful bridesmaid dresses that can be jazzed up with belts and toppers.  Jenny Yoo and Watters have some great bridesmaid dresses.

Post # 11
1117 posts
Bumble bee

My dress is an allure and I paid $750 for it

Post # 12
1903 posts
Buzzing bee

ASOS has released a bridal range and they are all under $1000 – so beautiful yet affordable! 

Post # 13
244 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

I got mine for under $400, with alterations it will probably be $450. If she’s okay with not doing the whole trying on a billion different dresses, and has a clear idea of what she wants. I would recomend the etsy shop which I just ordered mine from. Just go in to a tailor nearby, get your measurements, send them back, and it should arrive in 5-8 weeks. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/261488956/boho-bohemian-backless-lace-tulle?ref=market&show_panel=true

Post # 14
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I got my Mori Lee at a bridal shop near me for around $600.

Post # 15
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Mine was $1050 at David’s, I know that’s a little over budget but she could always buy a sample or try to find a discount to use. This is mine! A Galina Signature which is the David’s Bridal collection. 

The topic ‘Wedding dresses $1000 or less?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors