(Closed) Wedding Dresses around $600?? Is it possible?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I bought a Sarah Danielle Destinations sample, size 6, for $450 at a bridal shop in Western PA that also carried Maggie Sottero and other $1000+ gowns.

ETA: I believe Bonny dresses are also on the lower end… I sort of forget. I was looking at one a loooong time ago, and I’m 99% certain it was under $1000.

Post # 4
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

When I was looking at dresses I almost bought an Allure that was around $600. A lot of it depends on the style of dress you are interested in. The more material, the more expensive usually.

Post # 5
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Mori Lee can be reasonably priced if you catch it right!

Post # 6
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

check the nordstroms website, they carry wedding dresses in that price range (and some are less than that). you might also consider buying a used dress online, you can save a lot of money that way.

Post # 8
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

If you find a higher priced dress that you like, there is always the option of a sample sale (some samples do come in smaller sizes) or buying one online (not all are used, some have never been worn).

I think some Maggie Sottero gowns are in your price range? Can anybody correct me on that? Maybe the Sottero & Midgley line?

I have been pleasantly suprised when I’ve gone to some “smaller” bridal salons around me,they have wide price ranges. Don’t be embarrassed to tell someone your budget, it helps them help you!

Post # 9
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Also, White House Black Market now has bridal gowns that are less expensive and so does The Limited. You would probbaly have to order them online though because I don’t believe they are carried in any stores.

Post # 10
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Davinci, Romantic Bridals, Alfred Angelo…

Post # 11
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Another idea: have you looked at J Crew?

The more beading and lace, usually the higher the price. And like a previous poster said, the more fabric/material, the higher the price as well.

Post # 12
1667 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

why don’t you find a style you like or cut you like (mermaid, trumpet, a-line) and go try several on at your local bridal salon and see what fit you like then search for an exact style or a certain cut on a website such as preownedweddingdresses.com or oncewed. A lot of dresses on there are never worn with tags and if you don’t mind using a pre-owned dress your options open up even more! You could get a designer gown that fist your price range instead of settling for something less than what you want.

Post # 13
176 posts
Blushing bee

Have you looked at bridesmaids dresses? I was a street size 4/6 when I bought my dress but I ended up buying the same size as the sample, a bridal 10. I am a 2/4 now, and my seamstress is taking it in a lot.

Post # 14
281 posts
Helper bee

My Maggie Sottero (Grace) was $775, and I also tried on some Alfred Angelo’s in the same ballpark.  There was one other, but I can’t remember who made it.  Also, if you find a dress that is close to your budget you can always see if you can negotiate the price down a little bit.  I got a $125 certificate for making an appointment at a bridal show too.

ETA: I was mostly looking at lace dresses, so the pirces of these lines can definately be less.

Post # 15
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I got a Nataya wedding dress for $100 on eBay. Most of her dresses run around $200.

The topic ‘Wedding Dresses around $600?? Is it possible?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors