(Closed) Wedding dresses under $1000 in SF Bay Area

posted 10 years ago in San Francisco Bay Area
Post # 4
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2008

I’m not sure where in the Bay Area you are but here are the stores I’ve visited.  Trudy’s, Elegant Lace, and Bay Area Bridal definitely have gowns under $1,000. It’s important you make that clear in your criteria when you talk with the sales person. The one thing they might not mention to you is that there are samples among the racks that are marked down. It’s worth browsing if you have a little extra time.

From what I’ve observed, most stores that carry multiple designers will have at least one brand that in under $1,000. I’d recommend haveing the bride browse a couple bridal brands, pick a couple dresses she likes, and then browse the Internet to determine if the dresses fall within the budget. That way to you can maybe start with a store that has something similar.

Post # 5
508 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Try Shadows up in San Anselmo.  My Future Mother-In-Law took me there for my first shopping trip and I found a dress straight away.  They have a mix of really reasonably priced vintage dresses and a small selection of designer dresses, including Casablanca.  Call ahead for an appointment – they only take two brides at a time so they can be helpful.  The folks at Shadows are low-key and wonderful and the prices are fabulous – almost all their dresses are under $1,000.  Good luck!

Post # 6
267 posts
Helper bee

I think I had the most fun trying on gowns at Trudy’s, though they mark up the gowns something awful. They have nice mirrors in the try-on area, comfy chairs for your friends to sit in, and good lighting, though, so try stuff on and maybe buy the gown elsewhere.

Post # 7
2292 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

Alfred Angelo has a nice selection of dresses under $1000, so any salon that carries that line should be able to help you.  When I called to make my appointments the salons asked me my price range, and I told them up front that it had to be under $1000 – I would recommend that you do the same.  I assume that if they have nothing for you they will just tell you that, and save you the trip.  But really, there are lots of nice dresses under $1000, in every style.  I think that most good salons will carry a range of prices, and will be able to help you out. 

Post # 8
1020 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Kate’s Kouture in berkeley! (located on university ave… really close to bart)

They carry Maggie Sottero (and others). Prices are better for the SAME dresses found elsewhere, and Kate is SO SWEET. My friend and i went in the other day without and apointment, and even though she was booked all day, she found the time to put us in a few dresses (all i really wanted that particular day was to get an idea of how a certain silohouette looked on me). then, she told us she would love for us to come back any time and "play". She even suggested another store for us to try that day since she was sorry she didn’t have much time for us. (no feelings that she was trying to keep our business and keep us from other places). i definitely suggest her store! 🙂

Post # 9
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

When I first started searching for dresses to try on, one of the best stores to go to (at least for selection) is Trudy’s in Campbell (close to San Jose) and Ginisees Bridal ( in Concord).  I found my dress at Trudy’s – but it was $1200. 

It was a bit steep, so I decided to search if I could find the same dress elsewhere for cheaper.  I eventually purchased my dress from Bridal Image in San Francisco.  Its a smaller store, but the customer service is great, and the best part is – they price match.  They were also selling my dress at Bridal Image for $1190, but they had the price matching option available.  I searched like crazy and found this boutique in Louisiana (far, i know!) and they were selling the same exact dress for $650! 

I did my fair share of checking though (to make sure it was a legit business and checked them against the BBB).  Once I confirmed all that info, I forwarded it to the manager at Bridal Image and they price matched! 

Hope this helps!!

Post # 10
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Try David’s Bridal They are not very expensive but are nice dresses in a wide range of styles.  several of my friends and sister-in-law have all bought their dresses at David’s and no one paid more then $600.

good luck

Post # 11
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2010
Post # 12
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2008

Myer Bridal in South San Francisco, ask for the owner Debbie she is a doll and her shop has a good selection. I got my Raylia dress for about half of what was posted online and even ebay. My alterations for a bustle were $20 and she did a fantastic job! I paid abou $600 for everything, but she had 100-5000 dresses in there. Good Luck!

Post # 14
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2008

I also set a budget of under $1000 for my wedding dress. I tried on dresses at Trudy’s Bridal, Elegant Lace, and Bay Area Bridal…I would definitely suggest checking out the sample racks at any of these stores because there are some great deals. I ended up finding a very new looking sample of a Maggie Sottero dress at Trudy’s for $400. I went to Trudy’s twice and had two different consultants…the first one didn’t really get what I was looking for, but Marika helped me the second time and found lots more dresses that I liked.

Post # 15
12 posts
Newbee

everything in sf is soooooo expensive but with some extensive digging I came up with this list of places within san francisco that are worth checking–some where literally bargain-basement locations so I hope you weren’t hoping for a salon with chaise-lounges and champagne flutes!

Forget Me Knots Bridal1738 Union St. Suite #101Tel: 415-921-0838 http://www.forgetmeknotsbridal.com/storeinfo.html
-very limited selection, but it is a cute boutique and a nice place to start.  most dresses are under 1k.

Bridal Image586 6th Street (between Brannan St & Bryant St) San Francisco, CA 94103 (415) 861-4696 http://www.bridalimage-sf.com
-a pretty extensive selection, but feels a bit warehousey.

la boutique des bridesThe Gift Center and Jewelry Mart
888 Brannan St Ste 1195San Francisco, CA 94103(415) 431-3400(415) 241-6980[email protected]http://laboutique.ypguides.net/
-it’s a really small and crowded shop in a basement, but you can get designer stuff discounted and the sales lady is attentive.</font>

Paris Connection
The Gift Center and Jewelry Mart888 Brannan St., Suite 2065(At the Corner of Eighth and Brannan Streets)San Francisco, CA 94103Tel.: 415.552.9774Fax: 415.552.5759 http://www.parisconnection.com
-it’s in the same complex as the one above.  this is where i bought my dress, though I actually tried it on first at a store in LA. The owner didn’t carry it but she ordered it and matched the price.

Glamour Closet
114 Columbus Avenue (cross street: Jackson)San Francisco, CA 94133Tel. (415) 391-1515http://glamourcloset.com/closet/index.asp
-I didn’t actually go here because I was pretty sure I wouldn’t fit any of the dresses, but if you are close to being a sample size, you can get sample high-end dresses from Vera Wang or Monique Lhullier for less than half the retail price.

Good luck!

Post # 16
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I found my potential dress at Trudy’s for $665 (Mon Cheri), but did some price comparisons and found it for $60 less at Gesinee’s in Concord.

Though I was pretty set on getting the dress, I decided to book one more appointment (for fun) and my consultant there found me a dress similar that I liked even better (Alfred Angelo) and it was $550.

My dress is super simple, classic and elegant.  No embroidery, embellishments, or beading – nothing.. and I love it.

So I will have to admit I’m extremely proud of myself that I found my dress for $600 (including tax).  We even bought my girls’ dresses the same day I placed the order for my wedding dress!

Good Luck!

The topic ‘Wedding dresses under $1000 in SF Bay Area’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors