(Closed) Wedding Dresses Under $1000?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

If you don’t mind a little road trip, I would check out Henri’s Cloud Nine in Minerva, OH. That’s where I’m finding A LOT under that price that are gorgeous! The two gowns I absolutely love are both under $600. Plus they have their own gown designs on top of designer stuff. I live about two hours away from there and it was definitely worth the drive, and the consultants are absolutely amazing.

Post # 5
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

go to local dress shops that are more family-owned.  They usually carry a number of dress lines that will be under $1000.

Post # 6
9056 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

Oh my gosh, there’s a ton out there for less than $1000, especially if you’re willing to go pretty close ($900 range).  I’m in Canada, so prices might be a little different (typically higher, I believe), but I rarely saw a dress over $1300.  Most Mori Lee’s will be ok, most Alfred Angelo’s, a good chunk of Alfred Sung’s.  Mine’s a Jai and came in at $950 plus tax.

Post # 7
2475 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

L&H Bridal carries dresses in your price range.  I believe that’s in northeast Philly.  La Bella Moda in Conshohocken does too.  There’s also a store in Wilmington, DE…I think it’s called Fantasia Bridal that has a lot of dresses.

Post # 8
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

i bought my dress from a local family owned store. it’s a cosmobella and it was under $800.

Post # 9
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Many of the Casablanca dresses are under $1,000.  You might also want to contact the bridal salons in your area.  Some specialize in affordable dresses.

Post # 10
1209 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Google “Bridal Warehouse” (Not sure if you have one in your area), they are in the Nashville TN & Louisville KY area. Anyhow, there are prices on all of the dresses. I know that they may not be exactly what another shop would be asking, but it should give you a good idea.

Post # 11
621 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I got my dress from Alfred Angelo and they have a lot of dresses under 1000….

Post # 12
510 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I went to both David’s and Alfred Angelo – both places had plenty of styles under 1K (my budget as well!) and I found my dress at AA!!

Post # 13
637 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I shopped mostly at the small bridal shops, but everything I looked at (pretty much) was around $1000–give or take about $200.  I got a pronovias gown that was under $1000 and all of the other Pronovias and Maggie Sottero gowns that I tried on and liked were around or a little under $1000. Pretty much ALL of the ones that I liked were in those 2 brands, but you definitely won’t be constrained to only a few brands if you have $1000 and can shop at a local retailer.

If there is a Nicole Miller Bridal nearby, that was another shop that I visited that had most of the gowns under $1000.  They were simpler than most wedding gowns, but if that is what you are looking for that is another option. 

Post # 14
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

My dress was $1k if new but I bought it off the rack…be open to that, and it will help a lot!  It usually means a 10-40% discount I think.
It was a La Sposa by Pronovias.

Post # 15
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I live in Philly too.  You should check out http://www.sabrinaann.com/ in Ardmore.  She sells higher end sample gowns so you could get a high end quality gown in your budget.  I tried on a bunch there and even had a deposit on a Lazaro that was amazing.  They were all in perfect condition.  I’m actually thinking of going back to check out their accessories.

Post # 16
1757 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I tried on *dozens* of dresses at a local bridal shop, and not a single one was over $1000. Just be sure to call the shop in advance and make sure they have dresses within your budget. And let your consultant know the maximum amount you’re willing to spend – not all of them ask.

The topic ‘Wedding Dresses Under $1000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors