(Closed) Wedding Dresses Under $1000?

posted 12 years ago in Dress
Post # 32
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I bought my Demetrios for 700.00 at a local family owned bridal salon….

I think with a little bit of digging you can really luck out anywhere!  Good luck on your search!

Post # 33
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

You can generally tell the price of a dress by going to theknot.com and looking up the designer. Every dress has a $, $$, $$$, or $$$$ icon under it. I think $ is like under 700 and $$ is like under 1300… it will explain it on their site though. Also, you can just google it and it will probably come up on some authorized retailers site at the suggested retail price.

The two dresses I’m deciding between are Maggie Sotteros. Initially I was quoted 1400 for one and 1300 for the other. I got them both down to around 800 each.  It sounds bad, but as soon as I found one I liked I would call all the local salons and get quotes from them.  The original salon will probably match it (and you probably want to give them the business because they helped you find it) and if they don’t, you can obviously buy it from the person who quoted you that price. I would say 1 in 5 of the salons I called had some sort of sale or promotion going on, hence the lower prices. Also, buying off the rack usually saves about 15 percent.  Since you want to stay under a certain price point I would definitely say look for dresses that are around 1,000 and don’t give up until you get the dress you want at a good price.  I was on the phone for hours but it will end up saving me 500ish dollars.  Good luck girl!

Post # 34
618 posts
Busy bee

Alfred Angelo and some Sottero and Midgely gowns are under the 1k mark. Mine was only slightly above that and it was the JSM1103 (sexy name, right) by Sottero and Midgely. :o) Hope that helps!

Post # 35
2076 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

Check out Nicole Miller’s dresses.

Also, Vera Wang has some gorgeous bridesmaids dresses that come in “sand dune” which is really just ivory. Looks darker on the website. 🙂 Those dresses are $240.

Post # 37
3793 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Sophia Tollis generally price out under $1000 🙂

Post # 38
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Indiana Memorial Union

Jenny Yoo has really classy dresses too.

Post # 39
125 posts
Blushing bee

Another designer, who I am getting my dress through, is Claudine for Alyce Designs. Actually mine looks a heck of a lot like Rabbit’s!

Not sure how high their prices go up and I’m not sure of the relative “quality” but I fell in love the first time I saw mine.

The topic ‘Wedding Dresses Under $1000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors