Post # 1
Here is what I am thinking of doing…
– Cigars and Custom matches with our names/date on them (we may have an actual cigar roller)
– Napkins with our Monogram on them (in two colors)
– Maybe a flip flop basket
– Picture (not sure what size yet, but big) which a frame around it – we are going to take the glass out and have everyone sign the around the picture
– Maybe an ice block
That’s all I got!
Post # 3
DIY photobooth guestbook, personalized napkins, dessert bar, Out of Town bags, possibly homemade limoncello, signature cocktails (no room for a full bar! ugh!), bathroom baskets… I think that’s it? Phew. I love the details!! There are tons more details, but I put the most guest-related ones. 🙂
Post # 4
Since we’re having a small-ish wedding (between 60-70/maybe 30 parties of people), on our website, we have a Guest of the Week page which highlights a questionaire that each guest/party answers about themselves. That way our guests & families can get to know each other better (& take some of the limelight).
For the weekend/day of: personalized water bottles, paper fans, Guest Book will be 8×10 glossy photos of our guests for guests to sign, kid activity bags, Out of Town bags, Rock Band corner at our reception, & maybe personalized mini suncreen lotions (daytime, outdoor wedding).
Post # 5
We planned a ton of extras for our reception, but only some of them ended up happening.
What made it:
Custom matchboxes for the cigar bar
Signature drinks sign
Custom menus on custom chargers
Custom favor cards (for our charities)
Kids table complete w/crayons and coloring books
Custom place cards
What didn’t make it:
Our actual favors (which were sent to my mom’s adress and she thought it was a wedding gift for us!)
I guess a lot more stuff made it than didn’t but at the time I was disappointed!
Post # 6
homemade whoopie pies with labels from etsy at cake table, whoopies made by Mamies of Maine and labels by Etsy
guests will sign best wishes cards for us instead of a guest book, I have a vintage train case that I’m using for those and as a card box…cards from an Etsy artist
my Fiance is making all of the men fishing lures as favors and making the women these custom wooden disk pendants, all will have hand made tags on them that say “And they lived happily ever after” tags made by an Etsy artist
Out of Town bags with custom label and ribbon frosted box, inside has hand made note pads with our name and wedding date on them with a vintage fish on the top of the pad..made by someone on Etsy, water bottles with monogram labels on them, hangover kit, New Husband made caramel popcorn, chocolate covered oreos..handmade soaps by my stepmom, Out of Town frosted boxes provided by Mainely-NH..and she’s putting them together for me!
I think thats it! I probably forgot some things!
Post # 7
This is an older thread, but I wanted to bump it up because I love seeing what extras other people put into their receptions!
– a late night dessert bar
– Out of Town bags
– bathroom baskets
– glow sticks in our wedding colours for the reception (it goes back to high school – every wedding for people in our friend group has them – I know to some it’s tacky, but it works for us haha)
– maybe napkins with fun sayings on them, not sure yet on that one
What else are you guys doing? : )
Post # 8
@jaykwellan: Ok, I’m pretty new to this site and to wedding planning – dying to know what Out of Town bags are!
Post # 9
@Toronto2014: Out of Town = out of town bags, I think
Post # 10
@Polygon: Aahh, yes that makes sense. Thanks! 🙂
Post # 11
I am just in the early stages of planning all the extras. So far, we have:
- Wedding Mad Libs
- impact bracelets (to help light up the dance floor!)
- bathroom baskets
- open bar
- late night munchies
- large picture frame with white matte to sign
- signature drink
- wedding app
Post # 12
– a vendor making maple taffy outside during cocktail hour
– a late-night grilled cheese table
– goody bags for the kids with stickers, glow sticks, crayons, colouring books, and other fun random things to keep them distracted during speeches and dinner
– a personalized instagram hashtag so that people could share their photos with us. I highly recommend this because when the wedding ended, and we were relaxing back at the hotel, we had a sneak peak of photos that made us really happy 🙂 And they always end up looking awesome. We made two signs telling people what our hashtag was, and placed one on the bar and one on the entryway table where the guestbook sat.
– 2 signature drinks
Post # 13
We’re outdoors in August and we’re giving out engraved wooden fans. Since we’re getting married at Disneyland there are bound to be a few hidden Mickey’s but we have yet to narrow down the list.
Post # 14
These might not be “extra” but ive seen a lot of people skip them, guests wont mind it if we dont have these things, but we decided to add them all on. They werent offered as part of our reception so in my mind they are extra lol.
-Vallet Parking Attendants
-Coat Room attendants
-Transportation for guests from hotel to reception and back for safe consumption 😉 (either a trolley or a party bus)
Not sure if these count as extra either….but here they are
-Mini framed isntructions telling our guests how to download use the custom iphone/android app for taking photos at the wedding
-framed information on each table for the donations in leu of favors.
-Photos of grandparents, great grandparents and great great grandparents from their weddings.
Post # 16
-Guest book made up of our engagament pics
-Lip balm & playing cards as favours
-‘Meet the Men’ and ‘Meet the Maids’ in big picture frames – a picture and little blurb about each bridesmaid & groomsman
-Table names were names of chocolate bars and had a full-size chocolate bar of that kind at each place setting
-Cake pop at each place setting
-Late night snack was poutine
-We played the Shoe Game
-Slideshow that my father in law made of pics of me & my husband and our friends & family. It also included our proposal video at the end <3