Post # 1
I am in desperate need of some help from you ladies… My wedding is in 7 weeks and I have just now started thinking about my makeup. I love the look of faux lashes when they’re well done and not too obvious and I especially love how well they show up in wedding photos. The problem is I am completely incapable of applying them myself and a makeup artist isn’t currently in my wedding budget.
Can anyone give any tips on how to achieve a similar look using regular mascara? What brand of mascara, etc. Or can anyone give tips on applying falsies without looking like I’m waiting for my turn on the casting couch?
Any recommendations, suggestions, tips, and/or ideas are greatly appreciated!
Post # 3
@hlayers: I wear falsies everyday for work (TV) and while it’s tricky to begin with, once you get the hang of them they’re easy to apply. I use really cheap, disposable ones that you can get readily in Asia, but otherwise you can get great lashes from MAC, Shu Uemura and Make Up For Ever. I think the MUFE ones come with glue in the kit.
The individual ones are the most natural-looking, but also the hardest to apply. I would recommend the ones that come in sections, each segment is maybe 1/4 cm long – you usually get 5 sections for each eye. Then you just stick them along your natural lashline, and depending on what shape you’re going for, angle them slightly upwards as you get to the outer corner. Alternatively you can use one single strip on each eye, and then add extra sections at the outer corners for a more dramatic effect.
You can even just use a half-strip towards your outer corners, and use mascara on the inner corners. If you do that though, make sure you trim the lashes so they gradually get longer.
– curl your lashes beforehand, so you don’t have one set of curly falsies and straight natural lashes
– use tweezers to apply, make sure you get them as close to your natural lashline as possible so it looks natural
– do your eyeliner first (so you have a line to follow), and then reapply your eyeliner on top to make sure there’s no inconsistency/unevenness from the lashes. Liquid liner works best.
– finish with a coat of mascara to better integrate the falsies and your natural lashes
– carry eyelash glue with you on your wedding day!
That probably sounds crazy complicated, I hope it makes sense! The other alternative is to get lash extensions before your wedding. One of my girlfriends has this done and it looks so good. I think they last for a few weeks and gradually just fall out.