(Closed) Wedding Favor Candy- are M&m’s ok?

posted 7 years ago in Favors
Post # 3
1735 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I would love to get M&M and the end of the night they are yummy.  Some of that other candy doesn’t taste the best and I hate getting mints.

You could also use 

• Smarties they are peanut free
  • Skittles
  • jelly bellies you can buy them in specific colors and flavors

Post # 4
3261 posts
Sugar bee

I think its a good idea ๐Ÿ™‚ No one is going to worry that they’re not your wedding colors.. but if it means that much to you, I know some grocery stores sell m&m’s in seperate bags by color. I dont know if they have pink though.

Post # 5
677 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

M&Ms has an online store where they sell 5lb and 10lb bags of single colors, they cost $50 for a 5lb bag and its ALOT of m&ms, it works out to about $1 per 1 1/2 ounces, so its also the same price as if you were to buy that many regular colors at a store. You dont need to personalize them, it costs extra, but you can get them in your wedding colors for no extra money. Its what I did, and I was very happy with them.

Post # 6
4803 posts
Honey bee

I would love to get M&M’s!  If you want them in your wedding colours, you can buy them online by colour like the PP said above!

Post # 8
5296 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1993

We did the online M&M’s too – if you do that, order each color separately, it’s cheaper than having them mix the colors for you. Also look for coupons, we got free shipping and 15% off. It was about $170 for 15lbs of M&Ms.

Post # 9
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

you can get pink smarties 

Post # 10
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I know we priced putting hershey kisses in organza bags against using lindt chocs…  the lindts actually came out costing less and look nicer and taste better…   we fit 3 lindt choc balls in the bags and at the outlets you can get a box of 150 for around 30/35 dollars.

Post # 11
677 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

The M&Ms come within 5 days of ordering, actually, I got mine in 4 days. You should be fine, time-wise, and if you have to they can rush it.

Post # 12
3148 posts
Sugar bee

@TinaBina0729: Holy crap! That’s an outstanding price!  It costs so much more at say CVS $6 for a bag of 15.  Good tip ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Were using M&M’s! We found 3 shades of green and 2 shades of brown!

Post # 14
775 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Honestly, I was thinking of putting M&M’s as my favors half M&M’s and half andes mints. I say go for it. If I do M&M’s I’m gonna get them in my wedding color from an online candy wholesale site. Price them out! M&M’s is a good choice because not everyone likes nuts, peanut butter, caramel, etc. M&M’s is broad enough for EVERYONE to enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
314 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We are doing m&m’s mostly bc I’m into any gifts that are edible and junk food is always better after a night of partying (am I really going to remember to take the lil bookmark, picture frame, ect. in my drunken haze…prolly not…will I eat the candy..definitely). You can buy them in bulk on line–just do a google search. You can even get them in specific colors usually if buying in bulk. We are lucky enough to have an Amish store in town that sells tons of name brand candy in bulk for cheap (not old either).

The topic ‘Wedding Favor Candy- are M&m’s ok?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors