(Closed) Wedding Fiasco…Should I cancel??

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
Member
2742 posts
Sugar bee

Ouch. (hugs!!) I don’t know though. I think your Fiance was really worried about how much things were going to cost that’s why he was not comfy with the first couple of dates. Why don’t you guys just do a JOP wedding and then throw a reception later in the year or next year when you have more money? Is that an option?

Post # 4
Member
351 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Option A: You guys can just go to Maui and get married on your own terms. Do what YOU WANT! 

We have relatives that went to Hawaii and had a private ceremony on the beach. She wore a wedding dress, he wore a tux and they got married out on the beach. Have some nice photographs from it and came home. Later they had a wedding party at a relatives house and wore their outfits for a few hours. They had a tiered cake and took pictures with relatives then.

Screw what anyone else wants. Put your foot down about the Maid/Matron of Honor wanting to wear a dress that isn’t the color you like…aren’t you paying for her airfare? Make her wear what you want or tell her she doesn’t have to go. (Honestly, if someone was PAYING for my airfare to Maui I’d suck it up and wear what they want for their wedding…it’s not my wedding…it’s not like I’ll have to wear the dress over and over again.)

I’m sorry you’re stuck paying for three extra people’s airfare. I presume it’s cheaper to pay for the airfare of the person who’s letting you stay the house for free (vs. finding accomidations for the week). Just do what you guys want and have a good time in Maui!

Option B: Can you reschedule the wedding coordinator for another time and after going to Maui use her services for a celebration of your wedding at your home town?

Option C: Postpone Maui, see if you can get the tickets changed for Maui and for the people you paid for and use them for another time or another vacation. You and your Fiance go when Fiance is ready. Take a few months and figure out when you guys want to go. 

Option D: Use the wedding coordinator to have a wedding in your hometown (a different date). Then reschedule the plane tickets and go to Maui for your honeymoon…whenever you guys want to go (with or without anyone else).

Good luck, hope Fiance recovers quickly! 

Post # 5
Member
1577 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m so sorry this is happening to you.. this bites.  :-/

If it were me, I’d HATE to lose the $2500, but I would probably cancel.  I just can’t imagine not having my wedding the way I’ve always wanted.  It should really be about you and your Fiance and right now, it doesn’t seem like either of you is getting what you really want.  I would postpone.. pick another date that you like, maybe even 10.11.12, if you can wait that long.  Or, like someone else said, if you’re not opposed to a JOP ceremony, do that and have a really nice reception later.

I really hope things work out for you!!!  :o)

Post # 6
Member
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Ask your wedding cordinator to plan the wedding in your town so at least your family can come. Have the wedding at your friend’s house. It seems like you have had a lot of disappointments but if you want something bad enough you have to fight for it. If your FH is still going to be injured on the honeymoon why waste most of your money on a trip thats going to be so limited? Stay in your town, plan your wedding, and enjoy the process. Good luck sweetie!

Post # 7
Member
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Ask your wedding cordinator to plan the wedding in your town so at least your family can come. Have the wedding at your friend’s house. It seems like you have had a lot of disappointments but if you want something bad enough you have to fight for it. If your FH is still going to be injured on the honeymoon why waste most of your money on a trip thats going to be so limited? Stay in your town, plan your wedding, and enjoy the process. Good luck sweetie!

Post # 8
Member
2442 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I would not cancel everything.  I would keep some things and cancel others.  My suggestions are:

Keep your date of 9/10/11 and get married in a private meaningful ceremony with just family and close friends present.  Maybe at someone’s home or the family church. You can celebrate with a nice dinner afterwards.  Then, fly off to Maui for your honeymoon on the dates you are able to get the house.  No one will need to travel with you for that.  You can take the relatively small loss on that and use the ticket fly somewhere else at a later date.  Have your wedding planner plan a reception for you two after you return from your Maui honeymoon.  Most everything she has planned so far can still be used, just at a later date.  

The topic ‘Wedding Fiasco…Should I cancel??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors