(Closed) Wedding Hair & Makeup in South Jersey?

posted 10 years ago in New Jersey – South Jersey
Post # 3
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi there,

I used Bella angel for my wedding and bridal party.. I really liked them a lot. Missy is wonderfully nice lady who did my makeup and hair, she came to the hotel in center city to beautify me.  I am VERY fair w/ light reddish hair, so makeup on me is challenging to say the very least, she was excellent. And she made my mom look awesome too.  Very natural makeup look. I’d be happy to send along some photos if you think it would help.

~k 

Post # 4
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

I am using Zena Dixon at Red Carpet Bridal Beauty.  My wedding is in a couple weeks, but she came to my apt. for the trial and tried a bunch of styles until we found one we liked.  She is also very cool and will be fun to have around as we get ready.

I think for going on site her rates are reasonable, if a bit high.  I know she also does makeup, but I had already hired someone else for that….

Post # 5
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I just had my trial with Emily from Cheekadee – she really did a great job, I actually had to go to work unfortunately – to work an overnight shift, she did my makeup at 1p in the afternoon, by 8a the next morning, it was still perfect! I was really impressed – I am also scheduled to have a trial with Carolyn Diamond, has anyone had her or Emily…thoughts?

Post # 6
101 posts
Blushing bee

I’m using Natalie Pagano for hair and About Face for my makeup.  I’ve had the trial run for the makeup and she was great.  I’m having the hair trial on Labor day weekend but I’ve heard nothing but good things about her. 

Post # 7
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for this blog. It has given me some tranquility and good starting point for hair and make up in South Jersey. I just moved from NYC, and can safely say no nothing about the area. If anyone has anymore recommendations, please pass them along.

Post # 8
5763 posts
Bee Keeper

We had a GREAT makeup artist for my daughter’s wedding! I’ll get her website & Facebook info for everyone and post back later.

Post # 10
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I’ve read a lot of good reviews about all 3 of them (Claudia Seyler, Cheekadee, Bella Angel) so I’m sure you won’t go wrong with any of them.

I personally used, and highly highly recommend:

http://makeupbyaleksandra.com/ for make up and

http://hairbymeghan.wordpress.com/ for hair. I believe Meghan also works with Cheekadee sometimes as a hair stylist.

They were both great, friendly, professional, super efficient, and my hair and make up lasted for the longest time.

Post # 11
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m using Touch of Blush. They’re amazing, and their prices are very affordable! They will travel you your location as well.

Post # 12
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m using Creations by Mia. I picked her because she can travel to the hotel I will be staying at and her prices were the cheapest I found for the bridesmaids. You do have to pay a travel fee but it still is cheaper in the end. My trial won’t be till September but I’ll let you know how it goes. Her pictures on her website look good.

Post # 13
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

cs71904 – My sister-in-law used Mia for her wedding and she did a great job. She was on time and reasonably priced and she was so so sweet.  She made everyone look awesome. I’m sure you’ll love her!

Post # 14
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I would NOT recommend Claudia Seyler if you do not have a large bridal party or are interest in bride only services. She’ll purposely avoid officially booking you in hopes of being offered a larger event and then if that does happen, she won’t even take the initiative to contact you to let you know.

Post # 15
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Had my trial with Simply Beautiful today, going with her for sure. Loved the Dinair make up Lo used, very smooth texture and it had to wash it twice to get it fully removed. She got back to me right after I emailed her. Sorry to hear some vendors choose not to call back. Try looking at http://www.simplybeautifulmakeupnj.com I used the form and she called right back.

The topic ‘Wedding Hair & Makeup in South Jersey?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors