(Closed) Wedding here & Wedding there

posted 6 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
6124 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Everyone you see get married in Paris has gotten married in the states (or their home country) first.  So yes it is done!  However, asking your family and friends to spend $$ to come to a vow renewal and party may rub some people the wrong way just to forewarn you, but they can RSVP no if it means that much.

On the other hand, maybe it’s not that hard to get married in the Carribean/Mexico.  What if it’s relatively simple?  Would you make that your wedding day?

Post # 4
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Darling Husband and I did (or, are doing) the same thing.  We secretly signed paperwork at the courthouse last November, and are planning a small destination wedding for next summer in Puerto Rico.  So far I’ve found that things are relatively simple. Most places will have packages that include officiate services, which I’ve been negotiating out of our estimate.  Most of the vendors I’ve talked to so far have no problem with recreating a ceremony for us and our guests without giving away the secret that we’ve already signed the paperwork.  I’ve explained our situation, and since it’s fairly common for people do things officially at home rather than deal with the laws of a foreign place, most people have been more than accommodating.

Don’t feel like you’re locked in to “just” a vow renewal!  Your ceremony can be whatever you want, even in a far away place. Best of luck! 🙂

The topic ‘Wedding here & Wedding there’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors