Post # 1
Wedding is THIS weekend! After over a year of planning, pinteresting, and micromanaging the littlest of details I’m eerily calm. Have I overlooked something or did it all just “come together” like everyone said it would? Last minute and do not forget to pack advice would be much appreciated!
Post # 2
I’ve heard of multiple weddings where they forget to cut the cake! lol…..make sure whoever is in charge of introducing it, doesn’t forget!
Have a great wedding!!
Post # 3
My aunt brought me a huge duffle bag full of random items we might need. These are the things we actually ended up using…
Piece of chalk & a tide-to-go pen, for any marks/drink that might get on your dress, or the guys’ white shirts.
I had a button-up back dress, bringing a crochet hook really helped get all those button done/undone.
Spray deoderant, for those in the bridal party who forget to bring theirs, or need refreshing.
Small sewing kit.
Hope this helps! And yes, it will all just “come together”!
Post # 4
futuremrs.toothfairy: Just don’t forget the marriage license 😉
Post # 5
futuremrs.toothfairy: The day before I laid out ALL of my stuff so it was easily accessible for me, and for my bridesmaids if I had to get them to help me.
I made a list of everything I would need and put it next to my stack of stuff.
– marriage license
– envelopes with payments and tips already separated with the name of the person it had to be given to and the amount written on the front
– gum, makeup, travel toothbrush/toothpaste, bandaids, deodorant, mini travel tube to put some of my perfume in, glue for eyelashes, extra mascara, powder/compact, concealer, and mini hairspray, hair pins and straightening/curling iron
– overnight bag for the hotel
– bridesmaid gifts
*congratulationssss!!! Hope you have a magical day!
Post # 6
Happy wedding week!! One thing that will be super helpful is to let your bridesmaids know how they can help you during the getting ready process! As a wedding photographer myself, BMs can totally help with day of things which help it run smoother. Here are a few!
- Keep the getting ready area neat and tidy! No one wants tons of clutter/trash/clothes/overnight bags in the background of your photos. If there is a bed, make sure it’s made and the comforter smoothed out. Pull out all the excess packaging/tissue paper for your shoes, vail, jewelry, etc now so you don’t have to manage it the day of. Obviously leave enough to protect the items though!
- Make your MOH/BM the contact person for the day. Put away your phone and just be PRESENT. Give out her # at the rehearsal dinner to those who may need it. No need to stress over details which someone else can handle. Just breathe and let the day unfold as it does!
- Have a towel or plenty of napkins handy to dry off the bouquets. They will likely arrive in water, so have a Bridesmaid or Best Man make sure to dry them all off 5-10 min before you start photos.
- If you don’t have a non-plastic hanger for your dress, get one this week! Bed, Bath & Beyond have reasonably priced wooden ones with notches. Throw a bow on it if you want. It’s amazing how much of a difference a hanger can make!
- Be sure to eat!!
I hope you have the most wonderful day of your life!
Post # 7
futuremrs.toothfairy: My don’t forget list:
1. Keep the drinks in check at the rehearsal dinner. No one wants to start their wedding day hungover.
2. Connect with family & friends who have traveled to see you.
3. Spend some one-on-one time with your new husband either between the ceremony & reception or sneak off during the reception for a few minutes to just have between the two of you.
4. Eat. Have a good breakfast, and make sure to sit down and eat a dinner, even if it means ignoring your guests for 15 minutes.
5. Soak it all in. Be present in the moment. Relish this beginning of a new life.
Post # 8
futuremrs.toothfairy: congrats!! I put all our stuff for the ceremony in a big plastic box. I also put all the recpwtion stuff in different boxes. Also take some cash… you may never know when you will need it for the vendors.. my Dh and I sure nedded it. Pack a bag for the day off and just relax!
Post # 9
MINTS! My mouth got soooo dry! And brightening eye drops! 🙂
Post # 10
Depending on what dresses your bridesmaids are wearing- RAZORS. My sister and I both forgot to shave our legs for our dads wedding. It would have been bad enough if we had tights to wear, but all of us were going bear-legged. We ran around like chickens with our heads cut off looking for razors but no one had any. It was so bad you can actually see the hair in some of the pictures!
Post # 11
I'm finally a Mrs! Some advice for you future brides… (pics)
if you get a minute, read my post! I wrote out all my advice and a list of must have items for the day of! Good luck and enjoy your day!!
Post # 12
melonseeds: I forgot mine. It was in the hotel ready to go and I forgot it! Luckily we were able to send it to the officiant later.
IveBeenDreaming: I forgot to shave under my arms on MY WEDDING DAY!! I didn’t notice until I was walking out of my hotel room. No one had a razor. I have blond hair though so it wasn’t too bad..but I was so self concious.
futuremrs.toothfairy: Tip money! I forgot it all and my dad had to bring it later. Make sure it is all pre-sorted based on vendors, and you designate people to hand it out. I tried my best towards the end of the night to have parents and BMs hand it off, but I ended up having to sign a few checks on my way out. Not fun!
Post # 13
Bring scissors! I didn’t realize until I was about to put the dress on that the hanging straps on my illusion bodice hadn’t been cut off yet, so we had to scramble to find some.