- 7 years ago
- Wedding: July 2012
It’s a long story, but we’ve been engaged for 10 MONTHS and STILL don’t have a date. (We’ve had a hell of a time nailing down a venue). I was hoping everyone could help me decide!
Some things to consider:
* 90% of our guests will be flying in from the mainland. Some have young children, and a couple are in college. I believe most kids get out of school the beginning of June.
* Many of our family members will be going in on a large vacation house which we’ll be renting out for a week, hence the week-long date options. Other guests may not stay for a whole week, but many will.
* Airfare as of now is NOT any higher around the 4th of July holiday (unless flying in and out on Saturdays), since the 4th is on a wednesday. I was thinking that maybe this would make things a little easier on some of our guests to come, since they already get at least one, some a couple days off from work. I do realize, though, that some people have holiday traditions they wouldn’t want to miss, but would those really be happening when the 4th is on a wednesday? (camping trips, etc.)
* According to my period app on my phone, I will be having my period June 20th – 23rd. My cycles are pretty regular. There’s a pretty good chance this is an accurate prediction.
* As of right now, the fares for the last week in June are the most expensive, by about $50 bucks.
* The reason why its monday-monday is due to cheaper fares flying in and out on those days.
*One more note about the 4th — we kiiinda wouldn’t mind if it discourages people who aren’t obligated (wedding party, close family, etc.) to come. We have to invite a TON of people (FI’s parents are paying a large chunk for the wedding and it’s their call if they want to invite their friends/huge enormous family) and we are really hoping we get a low turnout compared to the number of invites we have to send. That said, we’re hoping it makes it easier on those who are obligated since they won’t have to take as much time off work…
Sooo, what do you think? When would you prefer to come? What do you think would be our best choice?