- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
Where do I even begin…..
Fi and I have been engaged since August of last year. We have planned our wedding 3 times over and could have paid for a $60k+ extravaganza as well. Fiance and I have changed our vweddings wedding date 4 times in the past year including a gorgeous art museum, the national aquarium and an elopement in Venice. The ONLY reason we didn’t follow through on the elopement is because Fi’s dad basically told him he wanted to be there and see his son get married and if you has any understanding of Fi’s and his dad’s relationship, you would know that that is a big deal.
Fast forward: I was laid off from my job a year and a half ago so i have been getting unemployment. Now I am in Real Estate so I work on commission only. Fiance is a mortgage lender and also has a full time job that screws himcover most of the time on his hours. At the beginning of the year money was GREAT. We were never wanting, had a decent amount in savings going towards the wedding and even lost a few thousand dollars after canceling our elopement to Italy. But it wasn’t a big deal at the time. Now here we are justrover thirty days from the wedding and shit has hit the fan.
*Fi’s Dad and Stepmom are making it seem like its a big deal to come to our wedding
*I still owe half the total and alteration fees for my dress. It’s currently 6 sizes too big so I NEEDS to be taken in or I can’t wear it
* We owe half the balance of the venue/catering cost in a week and a half
* I COULD have the money needed to pay for most of the wedding expenses if my broker (who is also Fi’s best friend and groomsmen) would give me the total commission on a deal that I rightfully deserve that is closing next week. ( I know for a fact thathue doesn’t need the money as I handle his bills and kno he is closing on a bunch of deals this month that would pay him $40k+
* Nothing and I mean nothing has been finalized because we don’t have the money
* Fi and I have been trying to work on our relationship with God and our faith and now that Fiance has, he is purely running on faith. He believes God will make a way for us and that we just have to be patient. I am desperately trying to believe and stay faithful, but I feel like this is kind of a big deal (to me) to chance and test my faith on. Again we only have 30 days left.
* The wedding is fairly inexpensive and would definitely be doable if weHee able to close more deals.
* Fiance and I will be paying for everything ourselves. There is not one family member on either side that is or will be able to help us cover these cost
Last but not least, Fiance does not want to postpone this shindig anymore. I just really needed to vent because I have no idea how to make this work if God doesn’t “allow” or deals to close in the next 2 weeks and/or touch my broker’s heart and convince him to give me the commission. I am just so overwhelmed and stressed.
P.S. Please excuse the typos as I am trying to post this using me iPhone.