Post # 1
As a background (you can read my other thread if you like, in the emotional section “Need advice, not a decision I ever wanted to make”) my fiance and I decided to postpone the wedding and work on some issues we have first. That being said, how do I handle the vendors? The wedding is only 5 months away, I highly doubt we’ll get our deposits back right? Are we just completely out of that money even if we re-book them later on? Has anyone else been through this before?
Post # 3
You may want to call your vendors individually and see if your deposits can go toward another date, one not set yet?… or maybe even talking with your Fiance and decided a time period of “working it out” to getting married to be able to give a “date” to the vendors?
Not real sure how that works but I know that when we changed our date we were able to “move” our venue deposits to the date we wanted.
Post # 4
look at your contracts. some of mine say that if a date is canceled, there is no penalty as long as i book another date with them.
Post # 5
It depends on the contract, so I think you’d better check them first. We had an indefinite postponement for my daughter’s wedding, but made sure all of the vendors we used had refund policies within a certain timeframe. Some kept the deposits on Hold and some did refund. The wedding was eventually held a year later and we ended up using the same DJ company, but all the rest were different people in an entirely different location and we were able to receive refunds from the ones we weren’t using.
These things sometimes happen, so see what solutions they offer. Best of luck.