(Closed) Wedding of 8.6.2011 – When is good RSVP date?

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
509 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Because we have so many out of town guests and the hotel block closes on July 10th, I set our RSVP date for July 1st. Invites in the mail tomorrow!

Post # 4
509 posts
Busy bee

As for July 20th being late, no it should be fine, but it depends on when you need to give your venue a final number. 

Post # 5
204 posts
Helper bee

i set mine for the 10th of july. 🙂 need the extra time to track down people and get em’, plus give the venue the final, FINAL count.

Post # 6
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

We need to have our  final numbers at least a month before our 8/6 wedding for our food. We are going to start tracking people down at the begining of June.

Post # 7
627 posts
Busy bee

we are asking for RSVP’s by 7/5 – exactly a month before the big day.

Post # 8
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I would say one month from the big day makes sense (for the guests), and is completely do-able, unless your venue has other deadlines/requests

Post # 9
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

It really depends on when your venue requires final numbers. My venue requires the final numbers 2 weeks before the wedding, so I gave myself then an additional 2 weeks to hound people who haven’t send in their RSVPs. My wedding is on 7/9, and my rsvps are due 6/10. 🙂

Post # 10
82 posts
Worker bee

I’m asking a month before too, July 7

Post # 11
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Thats funny. My friends wedding is Aug 13th, and invites went out like a month ago with June 1st as the deadline

Post # 12
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I am August 6th too! I thnk I am going to go with July 10th as our RSVP deadline. There are also 5 full weekends in July. Woo Hoo! It looks so nice on a calendar to know we have 5 weekends that month instead of 4 to get stuff done. Lucky!!

Post # 13
492 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My RSVP deadline is a month earlier which gives me time to sort out issues with non-responders and time to put together all the information prior to my venue’s deadline.

Post # 14
7173 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I did RSVP’s one moth prior (even though my final count wasn’t due til the week before).  It gave me peace of mind (I sent invites out 5 weeks before RSVP date).

Post # 15
424 posts
Helper bee

That’s my date too!  And I just had my invites printed and put a July 16th RSVP date on them.  I figure its close enough (3 weeks) that people won’t change their plans within that time if they say yes but far enough that I can still send out another batch invites to the “B list” the next week if a ton of people say no.

Post # 16
91 posts
Worker bee

We are August 6th, and the response date we chose is 7/16. That gives us two weeks to hunt down the stragglers. We don’t need to have a complete count to venue, until August 1st.

We will mail the invitations next week, as soon as the stamps we want are on sale.

The topic ‘Wedding of 8.6.2011 – When is good RSVP date?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors