(Closed) Wedding on 11/11/11 and I have no dress…………

posted 7 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
3255 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@mizzjess: If you buy a used dress and pay through Paypal, you will receive “buyer protection,” which means that you can open a case with Paypal if the dress is not as described or if you never receive it.

Honestly, I wouldn’t go that route, though. I would suggest buying directly from an online retailer like Ann Taylor, J. Crew, etc. that can overnight/express ship.

Do it NOW so you can have time to get some alterations done if needed. 

If you quit commit to a dress now, you should be okay; otherwise, you might be in trouble!

Good luck!

Post # 4
4109 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Bestbridalprices.com or any of the used dress sites like recycledbride. We’re date twins! And I just bought my dress from the wb classifieds for $150 including shipping- it’s a Maggie too! No worries, do you know what you’re looking for?

Post # 5
2584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Are there any stores in your area that allow you to buy sample dresses? If you can find one you like that fits, you can buy it right away and then get alterations done.

Post # 6
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Go to David’s Bridal. Are you a sample size? Even if you aren’t, David’s really doesn’t make “new” dresses. They have them in stock and just send them to you in the closest size and then alter it.

I have a friend who just ordered her bridal dress from David’s. They told her 12 weeks. It came in 2.

Post # 7
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

+1 on the sample suggestion, just check it over carefully and make sure you discuss with the shop what they’re willing to do to clean it up. 

Post # 9
682 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

dressilyme.com shipped our dresses in exactly 1 month. So that is always an option.

Post # 10
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I, too, am getting married on 11-11-11. Congrats to you and all others who will be exchanging I do’s on this magical day! Like Shedayz, I chose to have my dress custom made through DressilyMe. I just ordered a few days ago and my dress is already being tailored. They’ve given me 9/12/11 as an expected date of delivery. I know ordering online without trying on is a bit scary, but I really did my homework. The pictures of actual dresses they make are fantastic, and the reviews I’ve read here and elsewhere are all positive. I’ve even requested custom feautures, and all of my requests have been accomodated with EXCELLENT customer service. I couldn’t afford an original Maggie Sottero gown, but they’re making me a beautiful replica which is the next best thing! Good luck!

Post # 11
925 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Buy off the rack or look at classifieds. I know many people who have had beautiful dresses off the rack and you can usually get a decent price. You still have some time, dont stress too much yet!

Post # 12
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m getting married the next day, and I still haven’t picked a dress. I have some that I’ve purchased and have more comming in the mail. Many stores have online purchasing options. Just buy the closest to your size! Go for dresses that are forgiving and require minimal fitting – like empire waist dresses or something more casual.

Some places to browse that have online purchasing:

Davids Bridal

Nordstrom

The Limited

J. Crew

Ebay

oncewed.com

preownedweddingdresses.com

Also check thrift shops, craigslist and any boutiques in and around town!

The topic ‘Wedding on 11/11/11 and I have no dress…………’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors