- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013
Hi bees! We are planning on getting married on a Monday in September. We have not booked anything yet, however, we have to decide by Tuesday to secure the venue. Now I’m panicking, probably because this is the first real decision I have to make, thus this thread…
Let me explain why we are having it on a Monday:
– his parents are both retired, as is the rest of this family that we are inviting.
– my family will have to travel from overseas, so they will come for 2 weeks anyhow, so they could care less about the day of the week
– most of his friends are going to have to travel 2000 miles for the wedding, so they would probably have to take a day or two off even if it were on a Saturday
– he does not want his friends to have to travel two separate times, for bachelor party and for wedding, so he is planning on his bachelor golf trip/party on Saturday, then Sunday for hangover ;), then Monday the wedding.
– the rest of our friends, most of them have extremely flexible jobs (sales, various freelance jobs) and often arrange to have a day or two off during the week anyhow
– Monday night is better than Thursday night, because the real-far-away people would have to take Wed/Thur/Fri off to attend. And for a Monday wedding it would only be Monday and Tuesday. Also, the venue is in a touristy place with white sand beaches, so it makes sense for guests to spend time there on the weekend and then on Monday attend our wedding.
– we would not be able to use our perfect, awesome, dream venue as they are booked out for all Friday/Saturday/Sundays in 2013 that would work for us
– the venue is 1700 instead of 3700 for a Saturday (though this is our smallest incentive!) and other vendors might also give us discounts
The negatives I’m thinking of:
– there are some, but not many friends who have to take 0.5-2 days off to attend (we are only inviting 60 people and that is including all of our families and the friends I mentioned above who don’t necessarily work all weekdays, so there really aren’t that many friends that would have this problem)
– vendors might be tired and worn out after a busy wedding season/weekend and might not perform so well
So with all that information… what do you think?