Post # 32
ooh, this is a great post!
– people who act like i should spend more on my dress bc it’s my wedding AND people who act like i spent too much on my dress bc i’ll only wear it once
– Future Mother-In-Law who "finished" their guest list around christmas but just added "max 8 people" the day before we finished our invites
– people who dont get that we can’t invite everyone & their mom to our wedding. we cant invite whole offices of people just because they might get offended. if i invited you to our last house party 3 months pre-wedding & you said you’d come & didnt, or just didnt respond to my email, then you dont get to come to our WEDDING! it’s for people who like to hang with us regardless of occasion.
-people who got std’s half a year ago that havent spoken with us since & now we still have to invite. i have a serious love/hate relationship with stds because of this.
– people assuming that they should be invited because they asked a question about the wedding & i answered it
– people who keep nagging me to book things & take care of things when i clearly have a giant list of things to do & will get to it when i can. not offering help, just nagging. not everything is as important to everyone… for example, we rushed to get our registry done which we were nagged to death about, and noone has gotten anything off it!
Post # 33
OHHHHHHHHH! how could i forget- my BIGGEST BIGGEST pet peeve:
"are you changing your name?"
none of your business!
i have gotten this so many times i started telling people my Fiance is changing his name to mine bc i’ts shorter. shuts people up. i dont know why this bothers me so much & it probably wouldnt if i was gung-ho about changing my name, but im unsure & i just HATE it, seriously hate it when random people ask, that have no business asking.
Post # 34
My pet peeve as of this moment is the catty comments people will make. Apparently my diamond is so small that I should have refused FI’s proposal, I don’t deserve to wear white to our wedding because we are living together, and we shouldn’t get married anyway because all marriages fail miserably. And after people say these things to me, they ask if they’re invited!
Post # 35
My Future Mother-In-Law makes me feel nervous every time I look at her. I should point out that she’s a Filipino Catholic woman and I’m a Scandinavian Protestant… a good bit of our clashes are cultural.
She used to ask about having a priest officiate, why we aren’t having sponsors, and how we should open the gifts right after the reception (uhm, he** no. I’m going to be rolling around on a bed, from either tiredness or… not ). She also wass constantly asking if I’ve thought about transportation, how I’m going to wear my hair, if we invited so-and-so (I don’t know, did you give me their name and address when I asked for it SIX MONTHS AGO?!). And no matter my answer – she had a criticism for me. Either she’d tell me I’d better do it soon (hello? you don’t think I’m working on it? you don’t think these things are rolling around in my head all day while I’m at work and can’t do anything about it?) or say ‘Good because if you don’t people will think, blah blah blah’ (okay, I get it – it’s more important that everyone else is happy than us.) She also used to bug me about getting a Catholic priest to co-officiate. I don’t have anything against Catholocism, but feel like they have a problem with me because I can’t take communion bc I don’t believe the same things they do. I don’t want to have someone officiate if they think my faith is wrong and that God won’t bless my marriage because I’m not Catholic. Sheesh.
Oddly enough, she’s eerily quiet now… it’s nice. 😀
Post # 36
prettykatie, my roommate said the same thing about my ring!! let’s just say, that was the beginning of our troubles… and a good sign of things to come. fortunately, i move out this weekend. 🙂