(Closed) Wedding Photography for $500…what’s the catch?

posted 11 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: Would you risk your photos/privacy with a professional photographer who is new to weddings?

Absolutely, especially if the price is right!

No way, not even if it were offered for free!

Post my photos online! The more to see the merrier.

I'll pay extra for some privacy.

• Post # 17
    419 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Be sure to have guests take lots of pictures too, just in case. A coworker did this (hired a young, new photog.) and the photograher didn’t show…

Post # 18
    85 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

Also… ask for references from the two other weddings he did.

Post # 19
    7 posts
    Newbee

I was right where this gentleman is at not that long ago.  I needed people to give me a chance.  I knew what I was doing, I had a slight portfolio, I had done a ton of research on what to shoot, etc.

This would be my absolute best advice to both you and the photographer and its 2 pronged.  First, you can easily find lists of top shots for weddings.  Go over this shot list in detail with your photographer on what you absolutely want, what you would like to have and what you could care less about.   Second, is inbetween now and your wedding is to gather photos you see online and in magazines that you would like to have at your wedding.  Share these with your photographer at least a week in advance.  This will have the majority of his work cut out for him.  He will not have to worry about what shots you are looking for and which you are not. 

Some additional advice I would offer to him is to scout the location, if at all possible, sometime that week prior to your wedding.  Teh HUGE key is to scout the location at the time the actual wedding will be.  This will allow him to see where certain shots can be taken, how the sun comes throught he windows, etc. 

I wish you the absolute very best and as long as you like his style and personality, give him a chance.  Just do not be afraid to be clear what shots you are looking for.  If I can offer any other advice, just let me know.

[link removed per self-promotion policy – sorry!]

The topic ‘Wedding Photography for $500…what’s the catch?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors