- 6 years ago
- Wedding: May 2013
Bear with me as this is a bit of a story…I’m looking to see if someone out there has had a similar situation and if so, how did you deal with it?
My Fiance and I were going to get married in a DW in Bermuda on May 5th. My dad got sick and was hospitalized in early February. Luckily, my dad is doing better now. Unfortunately, my Fiance and I made the difficult decision to call things off as we didn’t know how my dad would be in May and while people could still get their $$ back.
With that said, we had booked our Honeymoon to Jamaica previously and could not get a refund so Fiance and I are doing a small ceremony with just us in Jamaica. I am extremely close to my parents and am heartbroken they can’t be there.
We were thinking of doing something when we got back, but I am kind of on the fence. To be honest, I am sick of planning. We feel bad for those guests that were supposed to make the trip to Bermuda and feel like we should do something here. We do not want to spend a lot of $$ (but don’t want it to look cheap). We’re really not sure what to do…suggestions welcome 🙂