Post # 1
I guess my DH was right, I did want a wedding, and will truly a moment I will forever cherish.
Due to finances and want to keep things a bit private, we opted for a 50 person event, with a private wedding (in which only immediate family was in attendance). We saved costs by:
- getting wine bottles from the winery
- bought LED wine corks from amazon
- grew all of the pumpkins (lot of weeding, sweat, and washing involved)
- his daughters dresses are from amazon
- my dress was a store sample dress, then just altered
- purchased all of our flatware/dinnerware/cocktail napkins from At Home
- buffet dinner from caterer
- opted for cutting cake and cupcakes for dessert
- chose the wine/beer 2 hour unlimited option for drinks (closed the bar during dinner time to extend the time) then cash bar for the rest of the night
- received discounted price for reception, as we were not having the wedding there, and the party was
- discount with DJ since sound was not necessary for wedding
- discounted price from photographer as it was only a 50 person wedding, he did not need to use the second photographer
- medium sola bouquet and corsage, instead of the larger bridal one
- set up all centerpieces and hand created all lettering
Here are some of the pictures we have so far, still waiting on all pictures from the photographer, as he’s only provided immediate pics that same night so that we could look at them during the honeymoon. We barely had any things left over, as everyone took pumpkins and wine bottles home as favors. We struck a deal with the winery to leave behind all pumpkins that were not taken, as they had events the following weeks, that they could use them for.
Any questions, just ask.
Post # 2
So awesome. I love the decor and pictures. You were a beautiful bride. Congratulations!!
Post # 3
holy shit, that’s a lot of pumpkins you grew!!! congrats, bee.
Post # 4
you’re telling me! Initially the idea was great, we had the space and time, and he suggested why don’t we grow our own, $33 later and 7 rows of pumpkins and we were good to go. Ended up filling the back of his F150 to the brim twice!
Post # 5
Congrats! My favourite part of your decor is the pumpkins and the dessert station- it looks great!
Post # 6
Love it! Simple and intimate!!
Post # 7
I love a wedding with DIY and handmade touches! This came out really nice! Congratulations!
Post # 8
I am seriously so impressed you grew your own pumpkins! I love your photos. Congrats!
Post # 9
Beautiful wedding! Congratulations!
Post # 10
Beautiful!! The cupcakes look so good, and I am too impressed with you growing your own pumpkins, amazing!
Post # 11
Beautiful!! Such a classy fall wedding!! I love the lace on your dress, it’s so pretty. And I <3 Sola flowers.
BUT YOUR CAKE TOPPER, OH MY GOD….. It is freaking fabulous! I loooooove that it has you standing on a wine barrel (I’m also a good bit shorter than my fiance). And the detail on the groom’s back is fantastic.
Post # 12
Thank you. I loved the dress and was afraid that the added sleeves might compromise it, but it just made it better… I was really feeling myself that day, didn’t care or was self conscious that I am plus sized, just felt great.
The cake topper is from etsy. She is able to completely custom it to how you want, what you are wearing, what he is wearing, bouquet, hair, colors, skin tone, height, and anything else you want on it. It’s a little pricey, and right after I received it and loved it, I regretted it (got it 2 months before the wedding). Thought it was such a large expense, when I was trying to save where I could. Yet, once I saw it on the cake, I fell in love with it again. It was a surprise for him, and he just loved it. He himself ensured to place it in our living room for everyone to see.
Post # 13
What a beautiful venue! Congratulations! You look gorgeous!!
I really love that you grew your own pumpkins! I am toying around with the idea of growing my own flowers/house plants for decor! Job well done!