Post # 1
Hello Bees !
Just curious to see how many of you bees are planning or have planned a wedding for under 10K !
I loved to see some examples so please post pics of your beautiful day , or ideas that you have for your special day to come … looking for some inspiration ladies !
Pics , Pics , and more Pics please
Post # 3
Ours was right around that much:
Post # 4
I’m trying to plan our wedding under $5,000 (not including our honeymood/rings) since we’re trying to buy at house at the same time
So far its starting to become really hard. So I’m right there with ya =D lol
Post # 5
We did! I’m still waiting on pro pics. Our’s was right around 8k including my dress, the rings, a big band, a dixie land band, and a photobooth! Yeaaahhh negotiating skills!
Post # 6
Thank you ladies ! lovely photos … keep em coming ! … making me feel hopeful lol
Post # 7
My Wedding was $4000 plus rings. We had a small wedding, 15 guests at a show garden with dinner at a Restaurant. It was simple and perfect 🙂 I bought my dress on consignment and did my own hair and makeup and nails. We brought our own video camera and I made my own bouquet and decorated up my hubbys car for transportation, the only thing I spent a lot of money was on photography which was worth it to me. I also used an independant seamstress for my alterations, only cost me $150.00 for a lot of work 🙂
Post # 8
Some of our tips & tricks for keeping costs down:
– gown from a Brides Against Breast Cancer event. Found something I loved that fit like a glove; the only alterations it needed were minor enough that I was able to do them myself. Veil was created from two inexpensive veils that I bought online; a friend’s mom helped me sew them together and create the spectacular veil I ended up with.
– photographer was a very talented student from a local university
– my former roommate baked our cake (she used to work in a bakery and has done lots of cake decorating)
– we are parishioners at a gorgeous church that needed very little in the way of flowers for decorating. My mom brought some silk flower arrangements and crystal vases from home that she already owned. Then we brought those over to the reception hall. We got bouquets, bouts, corsages from a farmers’ market florist, and for centerpieces we used framed family photos and little potted ivy plants that we then sent home with guests as a favor.
– we didn’t bother with a limo. Our church and the hotel where we had the reception were only a few blocks apart.
– DJ was a friend of a friend, did a fantastic job!
– we hosted wine, beer, and lemonade; cash bar for mixed drinks.
– I did my own hair & makeup and left it up to the bridesmaids whether they wanted salon appointments or not. Let them pick their own dresses and shoes. We asked the guys to just wear a black suit and a green tie. The parents of the ring bearer and flower girls also had free rein to get whatever they preferred within the color scheme.
– I did volunteer service for the parish to cover the cost of the church’s fee.
– many of our guests had kids; our venue offered a kid’s meal option at a third of the cost of the adult meals. That was *huge* – it was really important to us that the little ones be included.
– the single most important thing for me was the music at the ceremony; I rounded up a choir of musician friends and they graced us with absolutely spectacular music. That was priceless.
Post # 9
Daughter’s wedding $5K for 65 people
Post # 10
Lovely pics Bees….
Out wedding was a little under 10K- I was such an awesome day for us and the fact that we were able to be thrifty made it even better!
Cupcakes and a small cake for the cutting…
With our mamas….
With our pastor (above) and with our new blended family (below)
Post # 11
I have not yet been married but I can’t wait to do so! I love planning and so here are some of the things we did….
Ours will be around 9000 for 200 people 🙂 Reasons include:
Untraditional day of the week: Sunday
Morning Wedding and Reception: 10/person! Hallelujah 🙂
Bargained with photographer: Original price $2500 asked for him to do it for $1800 which includes all day, 2 photographers, 500 pictures, and an leather album! And he’s a fantastic photographer….http://scrolevision.com/index2.php#/home/
My dress: Sale rack at David’s Bridal = $320! and it was the best dress I tried!
Three dollar store vases =$3
Three Candlesticks to glue on= $3
10 candles per table= $5 (Candles4less.com buy their votives and candles seperately 288 for 150 with 15% coupon on the store site)
3 floating candles per table=$71 for 72 approximately $3 dollars/ table
5 roses per table (in vases and on table) approximately $4 dollars per table (sam’s club)
(I basically have to buy tablecloths so….those I got for 10.99 at CVlinens free shipping over $75!) It’s the one shown in the picture plumish violet crinkle taffeta (and I though I was going to have to settle for plain polyester….nope!)
So every table comes to = $18.00 for centerpieces and (with tablecloths) =$28.99 per table
DJs we hunted and found one for 445 for 4hours…searching is the hardest part..
Post # 12
I love seeing all the inspiration on this board, so I’m posting here to follow it: we’re doing ours on an under-5k budget (not including honeymoon).
Post # 13
Post # 14
Wow ! these are awesome ladies ! I thought my thread died :-(… I love all of your personal touches makes it extra special …
Post # 15
- Wedding: December 2016 - Madame CJ Walker Building
Beautiful pics and great inspiration!
Post # 16
@BeautyBox: Mine was somewhere between $9-10,000.