(Closed) Wedding Reception only for 300!

posted 10 years ago in Los Angeles
Post # 3
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

Have you looked into community centers? if you look in the nicer neighborhoods, they have great club houses that often can accommidate.

Also look into newer churches, they often have great banquet halls to bring in extra dough.

both usually have tables, chairs and dishes already there so you don’t need to rent them.  

We are having our reception at our church hall (it has a bar!) It can sit up to 300 but we only expect about 100.

heres my planning site for some pics…

http://adaashley.googlepages.com/home

Post # 4
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018 - Ritz Carlton, Marina Del Rey

I definitely had the same prob finding venues capable of accommodating over 250 guests.  Do you prefer indoors or outdoors?  If the former, how about Union Station?

Post # 5
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

We’re using the Betty Reckas Cultural Center in Long Beach and it can accommodate that many and is VERY reasonably priced.  However, as my thread a few days ago indicates, the contact can be difficult to get ahold of.  However, we’ve decided it’s worth the frustration.  You can see it online at:

http://www.herecomestheguide.com/location/detail/betty-h-reckas-cultural-center

I think there were a few in Pasadena that I came across too.  I’ll look through my things tonight and see what I have info on.

Post # 6
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

The Pasadena Hilton can accomodate a lot of people.

Post # 8
64 posts
Worker bee

Here are a few to check out –

Craven’s Estate in Pasadena (up to 250)

Calimigos Ranch in Malibu (unlimited?)

Clarke Estate in Santa Fe Springs (up to 300)

Castle Green in Pasadena

Hotels are a good option for large groups, but they are pricey.  I’ve scanned through a few other locations in Long Beach – Hyatt, Westin, and The Grand Event Center. 

This site is also a little gem I found that lists all of the historic places/venues in Los Angeles and there were quite a few that held 300:  http://www.laconservancy.org/preservation/resources_sites.php4

I’m doing 280 so I know how tough it can be.  Hang in there and you’ll find something amazing.  Oh, if your FH is game, you might want to check the mountains – Big Bear, Arrowhead, etc.  There are some cool places up there.  Depending on time of year, Palm Springs has options as does San Diego – I have a few of the SD places if you want them just PM me.

Best of luck!!!

Post # 9
86 posts
Worker bee

hi, i sent you a private message re: venue

Post # 10
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

we’ve booked the betty reckas cultural center, too… and although it was hard to get a hold of jeremy (the contact through TGIS catering) at first, he’s gotten back to our emails in a relatively good amount of time (usually 1-3 days) after signing the contract.

Post # 13
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@briannie:  hi for the cultural center do you have to use that catering service or can you byo

The topic ‘Wedding Reception only for 300!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors