- 8 years ago
- Wedding: March 2011
I figured I’d go ahead and write these reviews before I forget details.
-Dress: I got my dress from Carolina Traditions in Spartanburg, SC. They were wonderful to work with both in buying my dress and getting it altered. They were so friendly and helpful and knew who I was every time I came in for a fitting or to look for a MOB dress.
– Photography: We went with Liv Collins Photography in Greenville, SC (she traveled to Charleston) through a recommendation by my brother (she goes into his workplace frequently). She was amazing to work with and everyone absolutely loved her. Our engagement pictures are fantastic so I don’t expect any less from our wedding pictures. I definitely recommend her.
– Groom’s cake: Strossner’s in Greenville, SC. He loved the cake and we’ve always loved Strossner’s for desserts.
-Wedding cake/cupcakes: d’lish in Charleston. The cake design was exactly what I wanted (done by email because it’s hard for me to travel to Charleston during her working hours). Everything was beautiful and tasted AMAZING. She was so great to work with.
– Officiant: Rev. Jennifer Norcross. She was fantastic and friendly. She wrote a wonderful ceremony for us and delivered it perfectly.
– Ceremony site: Hampton Park Gazebo. The permit was very easy to get and the area is beautiful. The only downfall is that it is in a public park so it comes with the understanding that other people will be there although we had a few people being rude twice (once saying vulgar things to my SIL and the photographer, another time children loudly playing during vows) but we knew this could happen.
– Reception site and food: Magnolia’s Restaurant downtown Charleston. The service and food here were absolutely amazing. If you need a private spot for anything in Charleston (rehearsal, wedding, birthday party, etc) go here. We had mini crabcakes and housemade potato chips for appetizers. For dinner we had fried chicken, filet of beef, and shellfish over grits with accompanying sides. Everything was above perfect. The staff was amazing too. They brought out a ramp to accommodate my mom who was in a wheelchair with a broken heel. They also called us by name everytime they came to our table.
– Chair rentals: Snyder’s Event Rentals. What chair rentals? Nothing ever arrived and then they came to pick it up and called to ask where their chairs were. We wish we knew what happened but we will credit them for a very quick refund if nothing else. But still, it was frustrating at first to realize there were no chairs.