- 4 years ago
- Wedding: May 2016
denisexoxo: There have been great suggestions so far! Some things we did to save money:
– Dress was preowned so saved a lot of money
– Used sola flower/dried flower bouquet rather than fresh flowers (we had our wedding outside in a botanical garden so didn’t feel the need for flowers to decorate)
– Used free options on paperlesspost.com for our save the dates
– Printed our own invites – I did the design in photoshop using the free trial and teaching myself how to use it with videos on the internet. Didn’t do a whole invitation suite, just one card and made a free website using weebly.com for all the info. Also used an online RSVP site.
– Made my own flower crown for less than $20
– Kept numbers of guests as low as possible – by far the easiest way to keep costs down if you can
– Made our own guestbook print in photoshop and bought a cheap frame from Ikea – inexpensive and we’ll be hanging it up in our home
– Got more cheap Ikea frames for table numbers – we’ll be printing wedding photos to go in these to hang on our walls afterwards
– DIYed signs using cheap wood from home depot and sample pots of paint
– We didn’t do menus
– Of the decor we did have, we tried to use things we would repurpose. Ceremony backdrop was made out of a photography backdrop stand which I’ll use again as I’m trying to get back into photography, muslin linen which I’ll be using for sewing projects and a doily/embroidery hoop display which I used second hand pieces for and it’ll be used to decorate our spare bedroom afterwards
– Have a morning wedding with brunch/lunch or lunchtime wedding with afternoon tea, tend to be a lot cheaper than an evening wedding
– As others have said, don’t feel like you have to have a Pinterest perfect wedding with all the bells and whistles decor nor every tradition included, it’s not what guests remember – be yourselves and make the day reflect who you are. Don’t feel the need to conform to anything!
– As one of the other Bees said, research everything you buy really well and look for coupons before making the purchase!