(Closed) wedding shower & registry questions

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Are you doing a wedding website?  I think it’s generally considered kosher to include the registry info there for your wedding guests to check out.

Regarding duplicating the same items, there’s another thread going on right now about this same topic under the “gifts” heading.  General consensus seems to be “don’t duplicate,” though there’s some fair arguments in favor of it.

Post # 4
27 posts
Newbee

If you have a wedding website, you could list your where you are registered at there. You may also need to rely on word of mouth. Make sure your immediate family and wedding party know where you are registered because your other friends and family may ask them.

Post # 5
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

if you have a wedding website, you can lead people to that and your registry info will be on there. also, people will want to know where your registered and they will ask, so they will know by word of mouth.

your fi doesn’t have to go to your shower, but if you want to you can have a couples shower, those are common now. my fi didn’t feel comfortable with the couples shower but we had my shower at a country club for a brunch and the boys all had their own little brunch in the next room. they ended up coming in now and then to check things out, and it was really nice to have him there.

you DON’T want to register for two of the same things at different places. you WILL end up getting two of the same things. we didn’t do that and we still have been returning duplicates because stores registries just mess up. and returning things isn’t fun. (at target at least. at bb&b you get $$$$).

Post # 6
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

Usually, as the previous posters said, you will list your wedding website on the invitation, and then the registry information will be there. Also, I know that a lot of times it happens through word of mouth from people simply asking!

Post # 7
5154 posts
Bee Keeper

It used to be more complicated…word of mouth and asking people (MOH, mother of the bride, etc) and then the lovely world wide web came about…and now wedding websites are where most people find it nowadays…except older folks, who will still ask you mom 🙂

Post # 8
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I’ll answer who to invite to the shower.  Your mom, grandmothers, his mom, his grandmothers and bridesmaids are generally always included in all showers but of course not expected to come to all of them if you are having more then one shower.  The guest list might depend on who is hosting the shower and the type of shower.  For instance, lingerie shower you’d invite your close girlfriends you wouldn’t invite your grandmother to this shower.  As for a standard bridal shower, you would invite family and close friends.  You don’t invite all of the women who are invited to the wedding.  Be sure to find out from the host(s) how many people they can accomodate.  You would hate to invite 60 people to someone’s house that can only hold 20.

As for duplicating items on the registry, remember that Target has a difficult return policy.  See target registry threads to explain.

Post # 9
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

website or word of mouth.  If people still don’t find out they will most likely just give you cash.

Post # 10
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

My answer to this question changed the day after I sent out my invites.  I was totally against putting any registry info in the invites before because that is what etiquette tells us to do.  However, the day after everyone received my invites, I got a million phone calls and e-mails asking where I was registered, that they didn’t see it on the invite.  Now, keep in mind that I tried to be savvy about it, and I put my registry info on my website…the address was in the invites.  But still, everyone was completely clueless.

Now I say screw etiquette, put your registry info in your invite!  You will regret getting all the phone calls later…

Post # 11
2695 posts
Sugar bee

@mightysapphire- you are right! A lot of people don’t visit your wedding website.  We have the website infomartion on our save the dates and have emailed it out to all of our family member and bridal party.  We still get questions all the time about registry and hotel information.  We will have the hotel information included with the formal invitations and registry information on shower invites.  It seems word of mouth is best!

Post # 13
1288 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Indiana Memorial Union

I think it’s okay in a shower invitation to include a little insert that has registry info. Not on the invitation itself though.

I’m still kind of amazed that the majority of guests just don’t type a couple’s name into various store registries online. It’s not THAT hard to figure out.

Post # 14
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

My shower invites had the little store cards in them. Mostly because one of the store cards was also a coupon for 15% off.

And besides that, we linked to the registries on the website. Otherwise, that’s it.

Post # 15
1385 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I put it on the wedding website because that’s certainly less formal. Also people will ask you, your mother and your Future Mother-In-Law. So make sure your family knows where you are registered :o)

Post # 16
36 posts
Newbee

I did the website thing on my invites. I registered at two places but for different things at each. I don’t want to worry about running around and returning doubles. Plus that means twice the selection!!! i suggest the website thing  onewed and weddingwire have really easy ones to make. 

The topic ‘wedding shower & registry questions’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors