1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Is it silk?

Post # 4
1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

If it is then go for it, it can be a family heirloom, if not, then I wouldnt splurge on it 🙁 

Post # 5
2553 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@minipenguin:  +1. If its not something that will last, then there are similar veils for much less on etsy.

ETA, I really do like the veil though and think its so romantic!!!

Post # 6
8695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@minipenguin:  totally agree. I spent $500 on a silk veil

Post # 7
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I would say if your dress was less than $500… Then your total package for a dress/veil will be less than $1000! That’s not bad… At least in my book. I don’t know your budget… But as the PP said, I would get it if it is silk!

Post # 8
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@GMelanie:  I would save that money for something you are going to wear and/or use more than once. Wedding day is only one day! 🙂 Save that money for what you and your husband want to do after the wedding. 🙂 

Post # 9
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

It is really beautiful- and this is your wedding day, so if you can’t get the feeling of this veil out of your mind, I would go on Etsy, and first see if you can find anything similar for less. If not, see if someone can make one that looks like this one. If those avenues fail, then go ahead and splurge. You may regret not getting what you really love on your wedding day.:)

The topic ‘Wedding Splurge! Veil For $500’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors