(Closed) Wedding trends of 2011: the creative, the “seen it”, and the “i’m sick of it”…

posted 7 years ago in Themes
Post # 3
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Photo booths and dessert tables but I like both ideas! Just seen a lot of them on various wedding sites.

Post # 4
2786 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Candy buffets….LOVE them, but every wedding I’ve been to this year has had one.

Post # 5
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

Photo booths.  Definitely.

Post # 6
5784 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

I want to say Photobooths but those things are fun so I don’t care if they are at every wedding I go to.

Post # 7
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

moustaches. i still don’t get it. I think also the “themed” photoshoots like people all looking like bonnie and clyde pr alice in wonderland. what does that have to do with getting married? LOL!

Post # 8
1227 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I don’t know if this is specific to 2011, but the bride wearing colorful (i.e. not white or ivory) shoes. And yes, I’m doing this! 🙂

Post # 9
3799 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@flamingred: I liked the moustache idea, since it was so silly. But I do agree…people would look like Bonnie and Clyde HAHAHA.

The one trend I hope does not continue is the zombie pictures. OMG.

Post # 10
1227 posts
Bumble bee

Oh, and shoes covered in rhinestones or glitter.

Post # 12
1227 posts
Bumble bee

@soyjoy222:Really? I love the zombie pictures! But I’m a big zombie movie fan.

Post # 13
1506 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

mustaches, candy buffets and bunting. All fun and can be really cute, but totally a passing trend.

Post # 14
4415 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Brightly colored shoes… Everyone seems to have done it, and it’s just not original any longer, even if it is still fun.

Strapless wedding gowns… Again, it’s just not original any longer. What can you really do to make a strapless wedding gown look original when almost every gown out there is strapless?

Mermaid gowns… I don’t see this one as often any more, but at the beginning of 2011, a lot of brides were getting mermaid gowns.

Candy bars… I love candy as much as anyone else, but isn’t the wedding cake enough dessert for one night? 

Tall feather centerpieces… This was big at the beginning of 2011, but I’m not seeing it so much any more. 

Post # 15
565 posts
Busy bee

birdcage veils and large feather fascinators. But this seems to me that this is getting more popular so may not be a fad.

mermaid dresses. But then again I hope this trend does not become outdated because I am a mermaid dress bride 😀 ( and I LOVE her).

@MrsMcGyro: bunting? What is that? I’ve never seen this- but then again I am from the midwest so it may not hit my area for another 5 years :p

Post # 16
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@flamingred: I don’t get it either, who even thought of it? haha I hate to say it but brides don’t look to cute with moustaches haha

I also think in general “rustic weddings” became quite popular this year, which I also kinda fell into that category…

Oh also, antiqued photos are also very popular

The topic ‘Wedding trends of 2011: the creative, the “seen it”, and the “i’m sick of it”…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors