(Closed) Wedding trends of 2011: the creative, the “seen it”, and the “i’m sick of it”…

posted 9 years ago in Themes
Post # 227
2947 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
@JessicaBee12: Yay for vag gowns! ;p 

This thread is very amusing. 

We’re having a photo booth, I’m wearing a ‘vag’ gown as well as sparkly shoes, but I can’t think of anything else super trendy that we’re doing. We’re doing passed sweets and possibly a late night snack.

I love the vintage-ish weddings on Style Me Pretty but a little variety is always nice. 🙂 

Post # 228
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@techie: HAHA! Love that you joined in. Btw: What are passed sweets? 

We may do a photo booth. Maybe some furniture- couches indoor/outdoor, monogram, late-night food. Ah so what for it being trendy – it’s a snapshot in time. Have fun with it ladies!

Post # 229
2947 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@JessicaBee12: Instead of a dessert table, our servers will go around offering mini milkshakes, pie pops, tarts, chocolate truffles, etc. 🙂 It’s less expensive and encourages everyone to mingle after the cake cutting.

We might be doing lounge furniture too!

Post # 230
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@techie: great idea! especially since a lot of the cake just sits at the empty tables while everyone is dancing.

No one has mentioned cake pops. love those things!

Post # 231
7367 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@CanadianBride2011: but one thing that annoys me is the obsession with being unique and doing something that no other bride has done because “all-weddings-are-overdone-and-annoying-and-my-wedding-will-buck-all-annoying-traditions-and-be-so-uber-unique-and-amazing!”

THIS! I got caught up in this for a hot second when I first started on wedding blogs, but thank goodness I came to my senses quickly. The very act of a wedding ceremony is one of the worlds MOST overdone and traditional things. And if you add a white dress to mix, even more so. I’ve since laid to rest my so called “unique” ideas and have gotten more comfortable with my wedding being pretty ‘traditional’. 

View original reply
@techie: Mini milk shakes… I think I just died and went to heaven. LOL. Love that.

As for the ‘trends’ I’m definitely doing a photo booth if my finances allow for it and candy bar for sure cause I’m a sweet freak. I’m over the choreographed dance too.

Post # 232
2947 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@JessicaBee12: LOVE cake pops! That’s a good idea! 

View original reply
@bklynbridetobe: I know what you mean! I gave up trying to be “original” because nothing’s wrong with tradition. We’re embracing it more now but adding our own personal touches. 🙂

The topic ‘Wedding trends of 2011: the creative, the “seen it”, and the “i’m sick of it”…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors