(Closed) Wedding under $7500

posted 9 years ago in Money
Post # 17
1650 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@DeeWee:  7k with 100 guests. We did not do any diy projects.

Post # 18
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Budget is set at $8K but it looks like we’ll be closer to $7K for 60 guests. 

Doing a lot of DIY projects for decor, and we found some fantastic vendors on Kijiji. We won our wedding bands and my mom bought my dress which helped out a lot. 

Post # 19
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Fiance and I are having 42 adults and 6 children at our wedding.  We’re very fortunate because my parents are paying for the entire thing, but we still wanted to keep things reasonable.  We found this really cute inn close to where we live that is beautiful and really reasonable.  Here is what’s included:

Ceremony 

Chair rental

Food (including cocktail hour munchies and 4 course meal for dinner)

Liquor

Flowers

Piano player at the reception

Wedding cake

Ice cream sundae bar

Between all of that, the officiant, hair & makeup, and my dress the whole wedding will be somewhere between $5,500-$6,000.  Pretty good if you ask me!

Post # 20
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Ours will be just under $7500 for about 120 people- less if we are able to resell some stuff after the wedding as planned. We’re having the ceremony outside in my dad’s yard and the reception in the yard under some nice tents (we got a great deal on them from a friend of a friend, along with tables and chairs). No buying flowers- my Aunt is growing them in her yard for us. We’re doing out own food and drink, a pig roast and BBQ style sides with lemonade, iced tea, beer and sangria- I have a huge family (my dad has 12 brothers and sisters) so serving a few hundred is old hat to us:) My other Aunt is officiating (we bought her plane ticket) and my cousin runs a DJ service and will be DJing for free and doing sound and music for the ceremony (we’ll get him a nice gift). Fiance and I are building our own dance floor. We sewed our own table runners (so bright and beautiful!) and bought our place settings and plan to resell them both after the wedding. We’re doing candle centerpieces and lots of light strands in the tents and around the yard, and cupcakes and smores (around a bonfire) for dessert.

Post # 21
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Our wedding ended up being about $7000.  We had little over 100 guests, plus had an awesome swing band & delicious food – so we didn’t skimp.  We held our ceremony & reception in the same location, a vintage theatre, so we didn’t have to rent 2 venues nor worry about transportation between the 2.  Also, a wedding is the time to call in favors from friends.  We’re chummy with an awesome swing band, so they gave us a good price even though they’re 2 hours aways ($1250).  A local celeb emceed for us for free.  Radio DJ ran our sound board for cheap ($50)  Friend hosted our rehearsal dinner for 14 at cost in his beautiful historic bed & breakfast ($300), normally dinners start at $600 there.  Friend owns a Cherry Berry, so we were able to have a frozen yogurt bar ($200).  Husband is in Rotary with Caterer owner so we were able to have Cherry Berry, lol, they don’t normally allow that sort of thing.

Centerpieces didn’t cost us anything.  A friend gave me vintage mason jars from her mother’s stockpile, we used our vintage cameras & books, & emtpy blue ty nant bottles & peacock feathers that came in a floral bouquet from friends, lol!  We had so many compliments that it not only looked awesome, but that it was so us!

I collect vintage jewelry, so that’s what I used for my bouquet & the bouts.  My maid of honor & flower girl walked down the aisle together, with the flower girl carrying a sock monkey, lol.  Total cost for bouquet & bouts.  Less than $20.  Months later, people are still talking about my bouquet & bouts & the sock monkey, lol!!

I designed our vintage western union invitations, & our programs, so we saved a lot & they turned out really awesome!

Our theatre was lovely, so we just had them string cafe globe lights back-and-forth across the balcony.  Bought the lights for $70, so decorations were cheap.  Plus, we can reuse the lights or sell them.

Our food was our biggest expense at $1800, but we did heavy hors d’ouvres.  Would have been cheaper to do a plated meal, but we wanted the variety.  We had salmon, rubbed pork loin, crab cakes, pasta, etc.  The price also included table & chairs, china & beverage service, servers, set-up & tear-down, etc., so really it wasn’t bad at all.  The food was a huge hit!  Everyone said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding.

We were so pleased with our wedding, it was perfect!  Plus, according to stats the average wedding in our area is $18,000-$28,000, so we rocked it at $7000!!  We have really good connections within the community so that did make it easier.

Everyone had a great time, even the staff!  One of my favorite compliments came from a friend of my ex-fiance, lol!  She said, “I want you to know I’ve never driven this far to a wedding by myself (her date ended up being sick), I don’t drive far to weddings…BUT I would driven even farther to get to this wedding, it was amazing!!!  AND It makes up for all the crappy weddings I’ve attended, lol!!”

Post # 22
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@DeeWee:  We did 50 people. Lunch reception at a private party room at a restaurant. It included linen,tables, fancy chairs. The ceremony reception included the chairs. So we saved on rental items. And lunch vs dinner plates save at least $20. We are also doing in during the day on Saturday which has the restaurant has a lower limit. I noticed when i was shopping around, weekend days or Sundays had lower cost sometimes by several $1k.  By making it a day event the photography is only needed for 5 hrs again lowering cost. Decorations Etsy and fellow bees.

Post # 23
4090 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I did it for $7000.  That was a private wedding with 2 guests while on our 11 day honeymoon.  Everyrhing included – attire, ring, photographer, lodging, food, everything.

Post # 24
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Well ours was definitely under 7500. Our wedding/reception was done separately.

WEDDING

We had a small ceremony with immediate fam at my home church (free); paid our pastor $100 to conduct the ceremony. All of my flowers was about $80 from a local florist (my bouquet, sister (MOH) bouqet, and hubby’s and best man’s bouts). Videography of ceremony was free (his brother did it) and we got professional pics from a good friend who spent the whole day with us ($300). We had lunch after at our fave restaurant and everyone paid for their own meals and my sis paid for me and hubby.

All of my personal expenses added up to $1000 (includes dress, shoes, hair, make up, brows, nails, accessories) Hubby wore a suit he already had. Wedding night hotel was about $150 (included breakfast in bed, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, robes, and 4pm checkout!) And that’s it! It was a perfect day 🙂

RECEPTION

We had our reception 7 months later. We had over 200 guests at our local community center ($1000 rental for 6 hours). We had so much help from friends and fam to make this a great day. It was beautifully decorated. Our decorator only charged us $200 and all of the decorations (flowers, table dressings, rental of table cloths and napkins, decor) came in at $420. He got fresh flowers for the tables and that really helped the cost. Our cake was $150 for two DELICIOUS beautifully decorated sheet cakes. Our caterer was the star of the show – we had a BBQ restaurant cater and the food was AMAZING – people are still talking about it and it was over year ago. Cost roughly $1800. We supplied our own alcohol ($200) and had friends serve as bartenders. Our dj was awesome and we only paid $25!!! Our friends gifted the rest ($300). We also had a wedding video shown during the reception ($350)

Also our parents gifted us about $1600 to cut down on costs which helped tremendously. 

So if you add it up we are under $7500! This does not include our honeymoon (Jamaica which was AWESOME) and rings.

Good luck!!

Post # 25
1466 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 1998

Ours was about $6k, including our Honeymoon, but we also had several freebies – uncle’s band played for free, another uncle paid for our Honeymoon suite, I had two relatives act as videographer and photographer. If we had all of those ‘professional’ touches, it may have been a $15k wedding (but I’d never hire a photographer or videographer…just wasn’t worth it to me. Wedding pictures? Generally looked at maybe once a year. Wedding video? …Maybe every decade or two).

But, this is what I did:

1. Had my brother get ordained through the Universal Life Church. For us, it was free, so we didn’t have to pay an officiant.

2. Had our ceremony and reception in one room of our venue. We were married in the off-season, so it was also cheaper…and they threw in a free bar for us.

3. Made all of my centerpieces, favors, etc. Centerpieces were made with acrylic paint and square glass candleholders from the dollar store. If flowers were used, they were also from the dollar store. Favors were organza bags purchased in bulk from Ebay, then filled with dinner mints (I think I paid $10 in total for the mints). Limiting guests helped too – invited 70, 55 showed up.

4. Went cheap on the dress. I paid $180 for mine. Ebay and even a lot of Homecoming style stores are best for this. My dress was actually a white Prom dress from a store around here called “Deb.” Had white flip-flops, which were $20. Bought a costume jewelry set for $10. Veil was $20 from Michael’s.

5. Did my own hair and make-up. I can’t do my own hair, so I searched for “bun domes” on Ebay. I paid $10 for a ready-made dome that fit onto my head. I just had to bobby pin it in. Around here, having my hair done would’ve been at least $70, including tip. It also saved time on the wedding day.

6. Made my own invitations. I bought one of those DIY invitation kits and printed them myself. The same with the favor tags.

7. Recycled a throwing bouquet from my cousin’s wedding. Garter was a $3 cheap thing from Party City (thrown only, not worn).

8. Reserved a sedan only for transport from our wedding venue to our hotel at the end of the night. I just kept talking to limo companies, as several told me they wouldn’t do our wedding unless I had service all day long. We only paid $100. We had my husband check into our Honeymoon night hotel, then get picked up by his parents to get taken to the hall.

9. Paid $125 for our wedding cake at Walmart (for 134 people…lots of leftover cake. lol). It was well worth it. I’ve seen nicer cakes, but you know what…it was nice enough and tasted better than any wedding cake I’ve had. Well worth it.

10. Cake serving set and toasting glasses were $10 each – Wilton brand stuff that you can get at Michael’s, Walmart, etc.

11. Honestly, if we hadn’t gotten a band, I probably would have rented DJ equipment and had a playlist going (or hired a DJ, I guess. Probably for only $1k). If his uncle hadn’t paid for part of our Honeymoon, we would have done a local one to save money. Just wasn’t that big of a deal to me.

The topic ‘Wedding under $7500’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors