- 4 years ago
- Wedding: October 2017
So, a little back story: my husband and I actually eloped 4 years ago, while he was serving in the USMC. We would now like to hold a formal wedding/celebration with family and friends (about 125-150 guests).
The problem is that we now live in PA and would like to hold the wedding in PA, because 1. although we’re both originally from NY, the venue pricing over there is just ridiculous and uncalled for, and 2. we both really like the environment better here.
Here are the things that we’re looking for:
1. A rustic, natural, floral wedding. A barn with lots of space outdoors for a ceremony would be amazing.
2. A venue that won’t make us leave too early (since the guests will be coming from out of town, it would be nice for them to be able to really enjoy themselves until later in the evening), like 10pm. No curfews are even better.
3. A venue that allows liquor, and not just wine/beer.
4. A venue that doesn’t have an exclusive caterer that charges $250 per plate.
5. A venue that is fairly close to Bucks County, and not too far from NYC.
I would also like to ask all of you lovely ladies if you have any specific recommendations for vendors (caterers, DJs, flower/design, furniture/decor rentals, etc.), as well as wedding planners. I’ve done hundreds of hours of searching, but I’ve come to learn that no matter how much I research, it can’t beat what the locals know.
This is the feel of what I’m going for (just a collage I made of images I’ve been collecting over time), and would be so very grateful if you could help me make our special day come to life. Thank you!