(Closed) wedding Website, suggestions for 2013

posted 5 years ago in Technology
Post # 3
255 posts
Helper bee

For the purpose of a wedding website I like WIX.  It’s a very easy to use platform if you’re looking to customize a site or use a template.

Happy to show you around the wix world if you need help!

Post # 4
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I used The Knot. I didn’t have much experience creating websites.. The Knot was user friendly, simple to navigate and it offered everything I was looking for. It gets the job done, but isn’t overly fancy.

Post # 5
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013 - Callanwolde Fine Arts Center

To be honest, even though i know HTML and have done a good bit of web design in the past, I didn’t want to waste the time on my wedding website. I used the free website offered from theknot.com. It has a very easy interface and already comes populated with different pages that you should have.

Sure, the url is a little more complicated, but it is still short enough to be on the Save the Date and the Information card in the invitations.

Post # 6
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

The Knot is easy to use and pretty self-explanatory plus they have tons fo advice, articles, discussion boards, pictures, etc. and everything you can imagine under the sun dealing with weddings and planning. 

Post # 7
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I also used the knot. I love how mine has turned out! the map feature is great too! Even my fiance liked how easy it was to navigate. I just hope everyone uses it!

Post # 8
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I am using AppyCouple! For free you get a website and an app! 

My favorite feature? The app has GPS directions to my venue and a place to upload pictures taken that day so everyone can see them!

You can visit mine at ellysealex.appycouple.com

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee

I’m using The Wedding Website Group (theweddingwebsitegroup.com). Tried a few and this one seemed easiest to use and had the best features.

I’ll post a link once we’ve finished it.

Post # 10
1854 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I used wix! It looks so professional and was SUPER easy! I payed the extra $25 to have a custom domain name, but you don’t have to. That’s the only thing that’s ‘premium’ that you really ‘need’. You really don’t even need that 😛

http://www.chrisandcecelia.com

Post # 12
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I used the knot and like the other ladies have said it is very user friendy. It walks you right through it and gives you suggestions on topics you should include. It also gives you the opportunity to add topics that you feel are important. I liked the fact that they will link a map to your website and pin point where the ceremony, reception, and lodging are so that your guests actually have a visual. Hope this helps!!

Post # 14
1548 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@ellyse:  You’re website is great! I was never really interested in a wedding website until I saw yours! 

Post # 15
1311 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We used The Knot. It was just simple as our budget and everything is there. The site has been extremly helpfull in our wedding planning.

Post # 16
9203 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

We used wedding wire. I also looked at the knot, but ww had more layouts and themes that I liked. It’s super user friendly.

The topic ‘wedding Website, suggestions for 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors