(Closed) Wedgwood English Lace – Bloomingdales? Bed Bath & Beyond? Advice, please!

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
  • poll: What should we do?
    Register only at Bed Bath and Beyond, and get the serverware later : (0 votes)
    Register only at Bloomingdales, for every piece : (0 votes)
    Register at both stores: Do the 5 piece setting at BBB and just the serverware at Bloomy's : (7 votes)
    54 %
    Register at both stores: Register for the 5 piece settings at both, plus the serverware at Bloomy's : (5 votes)
    38 %
    Find another pattern! This is all so complicated! : (0 votes)
    Do something else! I'll tell you in the comments! : (1 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 3
    3564 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Based on what you said about the price generally being cheaper at BBB and your relatives not being close to a Bloomies and maybe not being internet-savvy to order online (even though that’s actually really easy and I’m sure they could figure it out), I would say register for the china at BBB. I also think you can register for the sevrverware at Bloomies. Even if no one gets you those pieces, you get the completion discount for 6 months after the wedding, so maybe if it’s cheaper you’ll be more likely to get it for yourself.

Post # 4
    360 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

We changed our registry to BBB after we created one at Macys because virtually EVERYTHING we wanted was carried at BBB for cheaper. Why pay more when you can get the exact product cheaper somewhere else?!  I say go with BBB, and you can do like hilsy said and register at Bloomies for the rest of the stuff. Completion programs, I think, will be my best friend, since I dont know that we will get all of our settings (10 place settings, we are already a family of 4 and host holiday dinners) from guests.

If the internet is a worry, then this wont apply, but if you do decide people can go online to get you things, try myregistry.com.  We use it, and its fantastic. You can put anything (litterally, from ANYWHERE, big or small store) on to 1 central registry. That way people arent going to different stores/sites looking at the things you have registered for, its all on 1 list!! 

Post # 5
    2788 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

We registered for our five peice set with BBB and the serving peices with Macy’s since BBB didn’t have the serving peices easily available.  I don’t think it is a big deal to register for part of the set at one location and another part at the other location.

Good luck.  It is a lovely china set btw.

Post # 6
    83 posts
    Worker bee

I didn’t vote, but I would suggest going with BBB, since it seems more convenient for guests and it’s only 10 dollars difference on sale. But it’s much more expensive not on sale.  Also, can they use a 20% coupon? I know that technically it can’t be used on fine china, but we’ve used it on other “excluded items” before no problem. If so, it would be cheaper than the Bloomies price anyway.

As for serveware, I would mention it to your mom or bridesmaids or grandmother and hopefully one of them will get it for you.

Post # 7
    3 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: October 2010

Hi! I’m having the same problem! I just decided to register at BBB for it yesterday, except I looked and it was GONE! 

What did you end up doing?

Jo

Post # 8
    1045 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2008

Bestcrystal.com has it for a great price, and they have free shipping and no sales tax: http://www.bestcrystal.com/products/detail/index.cfm?Product=3777 $114.95/place setting.  We registered at bestcrystal.com, and although more people bought from our other registry, all the bestcrystal stuff arrived perfectly safe and fine.  Lovely pattern choice!

Post # 9
    928 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I found this same pattern and fell in love, it’s exactly what I wanted. BBB is now out of stock and Bloomingdale’s is the ONLY store that I can find to carry it without going online. Amazon actually carries it for 109 and carries a couple other pieces.

The bad news why it’s so hard to find: Wedgwood is discontinuing it ๐Ÿ™ I was so upset but I still want to have it as our china. We were only planning on registering for 2 place settings for myself and my Fiance bc we wanted to invest in really nice every day dishes (Juliska, they’re absolutely gorgeous and almost as expensive) and gradually add on to our china. I think my mom is going to buy our settings and like you, I really wanted a few of the other pieces so she might enlist our close family to help. If you haven’t already solved your dilemma, maybe this could be an option for you because it’s a little easier enlisting your family’s help with wedding gifts than the other guests bc then you don’t seem like you’re just out for gifts lol.

Let me know how you’re doing with it, I’m in the same boat! Good luck!

Post # 10
    928 posts
    Busy bee

I found this same pattern and fell in love, it’s exactly what I wanted. BBB is now out of stock and Bloomingdale’s is the ONLY store that I can find to carry it without going online. Amazon actually carries it for 109 and carries a couple other pieces.

The bad news why it’s so hard to find: Wedgwood is discontinuing it ๐Ÿ™ I was so upset but I still want to have it as our china. We were only planning on registering for 2 place settings for myself and my Fiance bc we wanted to invest in really nice every day dishes (Juliska, they’re absolutely gorgeous and almost as expensive) and gradually add on to our china. I think my mom is going to buy our settings and like you, I really wanted a few of the other pieces so she might enlist our close family to help. If you haven’t already solved your dilemma, maybe this could be an option for you because it’s a little easier enlisting your family’s help with wedding gifts than the other guests bc then you don’t seem like you’re just out for gifts lol.

Let me know how you’re doing with it, I’m in the same boat! Good luck!

Post # 11
    53 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

@mrsmurraytobe: I just found this pattern and love it too.  I called Wedgwood this evening and they were looking at discontinuing it, but decided not to.  The rep I talked to said they are producing more and there will be some coming out in March and June. 

However, this does make me afraid they’ll discontinue it at the end of next year… and then getting replacements will be hard inthe future, won’t it!

Post # 12
    928 posts
    Busy bee

Thanks for the update!! I am SO GLAD to hear that because I am absolutely IN LVOE with this pattern and like you, wanted a little more than just the place setting. I am going to go ahead and get a couple pieces, just in case they decide in the future to discontinue it for good.

Also, to get around the only regisitering for the dishes at Bloomy’s, I signed up for an email update when Bed, Bath, Beyond got it back in stock and I got one last week! If you’ve already registered at BBB, you can now add it to your registry and save the Bloomy’s deal. I don’t know if they will carry other pieces in addition to the place setting.

I’m still in the same boat for everyday dishes that I want because they’re only carried in one store and that’s all that I’m registering for there, so really whatever you feel you have to do!

Good luck and thanks again!

The topic ‘Wedgwood English Lace – Bloomingdales? Bed Bath & Beyond? Advice, please!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors