- 5 years ago
- Wedding: July 2013
Hey ladies! I don’t blog but I wanted to post about my update.
Some ladies will remember all my drama with my older sister (MoH) and my lack of RSVPs, and then not hitting my minimums for the room, and everything else.
Everything seemed to be going wrong, the bakery didn’t make one of my flavors anymore, they charged me an additional $50 because they realized they applied two discounts and couldn’t do that. My Taxi Company doubled their rates and said they wouldn’t assist with anyone not going to the hotel and it seemed stuff was really just falling apart these last few weeks.
But I have a GOOD UPDATE!
– Sister is being given a bridal belt from my other Bridesmaid or Best Man to make her stand out
– Same Bridesmaid or Best Man is sewing new sleeves for my sister to make her love her dress
– Chose a new “okay” flavor for the Cake
– Cake still came underbudget
– Venue gave a 40% discount on the unfilled seats up to the minimum I guarenteed ($2,000 discount!)
– Finally got all my RSVPs back
– New Taxi company will charge normal rates and accomodate ALL my guests
– DJ is freaking fantastic and we lucked out and have both owners of the company doing our wedding! (MC and DJ) and they will ONLY be listening to me, not my inlaws or anyone else (of course they’ll still take requests from people at the wedding)
– New Dr perscribed the anti-anxiety meds and so even when everything started going to shit the last 2-3 weeks, I didn’t have a single panic attack!!
– We just booked the hotels for our mini-honeymoon for 4 nights in Niagara Falls 🙂
Hope other brides that have had shit hitting the fan like I did know it can get better!!