(Closed) Weekly SO Appreciation Post 12/14/09

posted 8 years ago in Relationships
Post # 3
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009 - Bernardo Winery

I love this thread πŸ™‚
Every Friday (on my personal blog) I post 5 things I LOVE about Mr Frenchie or reasons I LOVE Mr Frenchie.
This past Friday it was…
1 – Even when I’m mad at you, you can make me smile
2 – You keep trying to talk me into scary movies, even though you know it isn’t going to happen
3 – You got REALLY excited when I made you Sloppy Joes
4 – You tease me about how long it takes me to get ready for bed
5 – When in doubt you let me make the home decor decisions

Post # 4
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Love this post!  Yesterday he let me sleep in while he packed the car, and then he did all the driving to and from Lake Tahoe.  He stayed with me the entire day even though I am a newbie snowboarder and he’s one of the crazy good riders and it had to have killed him to stick to the easy runs on a perfect powder day.  It took me 5x as long to get dressed, figure out how to put my boots on, go to the bathroom, etc. and etc. and he didn’t complain once–he just helped me out.  And then I got a massage afterwards.  πŸ™‚ 

Post # 5
1718 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - Winery in the Gold Country

Mr. Peng always walks the dog when the weather is bad, without me prompting him and without me asking. The weather has been bad all week so he’s done it a lot lately! He says he likes spending the time with Billie; I don’t know what’s so fun about picking up steamy poops in 40 degree weather so I know he is just being a good husband!

Post # 6
1260 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Mr. Valhalla always gives me a back massage when I have a sore back, and boy is he good at it! He also warms up a Magic Bag for me to put on my perpetually cold feet when I head to bed at night. It makes the covers under the bed sooooo warm. I love my mister πŸ™‚

Post # 7
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

My husband went home for lunch and spent the whole hour he was home making dinner so I wouldn’t have to when we got home.  πŸ™‚  Also, today he told me that I’m hard working and do a great job at the office; that made me smile.

Post # 8
619 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

What a great post! my Fiance is so helpful with my 3 sons, he’s caring, funny ,but firm with them when they need it.  Let’s me sleep in on Sundays even though he’s the one that got home at 1 or even 2am from work…..today he told me that he was thinking about what he was going to wear for our wedding…that in itself was soo great!

Post # 9
2681 posts
Sugar bee

Great thread!  This is the first year that Darling Husband and I have celebrated Hanukkah together as a married couple (hes Catholic) and it makes me really happy to see him so excited about lighting the menorah and giving me my gifts.  Ive already made sure he didnt get me 8 gifts because we still have Xmas and he hasnt but he did get me small gifts for the first few nights πŸ™‚

Oh and he always takes our dog out before we go to bed which is usually pretty late πŸ™‚

Post # 10
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I’m in the middle of my finals…but Fiance has been so great helping me with my studying. Today was an all day finish up projects and study- and he just dropped off coffee for me since he knew I’d be up late! And this is my little break before jumping back in the books.

Post # 11
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

What a great idea! Well, the past two mornings we have been out of breakfast stuff and have been avoiding grocery shopping because we’re about to leave town for a few weeks, but Fiance knows that I can’t eat anything but breakfast food in the morning (he can have leftovers for breakfast, but the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach!) so yesterday he went out and bought donuts and this morning he took me to Rudy’s for breakfast tacos! And then he made sure we made a trip to Target this afternoon to buy milk and cereal! Such a sweetie!

Post # 12
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

This weekend we drove over to see his mom who has a degenerative disease that is slowly taking her away.  I know this is extremely hard for him, but each and every time I see how caring and loving he is to her I fall for him all over again.  Afterwards I heard him rustling around in the kitchen and found him baking me homemade cookies…just because.  Yep…he’s a keeper πŸ™‚

Post # 13
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

J let me cry over hating all venues in our city, and sat patiently through my post-crying grumpies on skype, even though he probably needed to go grocery shopping and I really should’ve been in bed (it was like 1:30am here), and he never complained at all.

The next day when I sent him a bossy email with a list of places I told him he had to call and get info on, and his response was just “Okay” and then he started on it right away. His next email? “I love you.”

He is amazing.

Post # 14
5399 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

While I was at work, my hubby did the grocery shopping.  Then, he had dinner on the table for me today because I didn’t get home until after 8:30pm.  Gosh I love that man! πŸ™‚

Post # 15
677 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Last night my daughter asked if B. could come talk to her for a minute. She had a question about "boys" and wanted to talk to him about it. He sat and talked to her for over an hour about how boys think, how her friends were acting and her feelings about all of it. This is guy who said he never wanted children and who was totally thrown in the deep end of the parenting pool with my kids – and yet there he was in our about to be a teenager’s pink and purple bedroom surrounded by Jonas Brothers and Taylor Swift posters totally doing the loving daddy thing!

How can you not love a guy like that? ~sigh~

Post # 16
873 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Fiance had a horrible week at work last week and was deeply hurt by his boss and his team.  I’m a spiteful and passive agressive person (any other scorpios out there?), and I would have said some very horrible things to my boss if it had been me.  However, although Fiance is deeply disapointed by his boss’ conduct and the situation in general, he is choosing to move on and try to prove his worth through his work.  This is just one more example of me realizing how much better Fiance is as a person than I am, and I am grateful for marrying a man with integrity and morals. 

The topic ‘Weekly SO Appreciation Post 12/14/09’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors