(Closed) Weekly Welcome 01/15/10-01/22/10

posted 11 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 18
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Welcome to all the new ladies in the hive!!!!

I’m Tessabella. I’ve been around here for a year now. Been married 4 months to the bestest guy ever! Since I’ve only ever had cats most people would probably consider me a cat person but I’m a big time animal lover. I’d love to get a dog but anytime I spend time in a house that has a dog, my allergies go nuts. Allergic to dogs but not cats? I’m different like that. If we ever move to a farm (which we hope to do eventually) I’d like to get a dog that can be mostly outside.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Post # 19
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hi bees! I’ve recently joined the site and have been very impressed with everything that I have seen thus far.  I am currently in full wedding planning mode which is why I decided to join! I’m from Louisiana (currently living in WV). We’re planning to get married June 19, 2010 in Lake Charles, LA. Church and reception venue are booked, but still looking for lots of decorations and ideas. I love this site and I’m glad I found it early on!

Post # 20
1184 posts
Bumble bee

Thank you! I’m from Woodland, Ca (Just north of Sacramento, CA). We’re having our wedding in Woodland. We want to keep everything local. 

Post # 22
1184 posts
Bumble bee

Hey Hostess! I want to keep things local and very traditional. That’s why I’m having my wedding ceremony in a church (West Valley Baptist Church, Woodland, CA) And My reception in a reception hall (The Elks Lodge, Woodland, CA.). It’s always been my dream to get married in a Christian church and have my marriage blessed and in the eyes of God. I wish that my reception would have been out doors but my house is very small and I don’t want to have it in a park. As for ideas. I keep on changing my mind. I haven’t even decided the wedding colors. I’m like 95% sure that my bm dresses will be fuchsia. I’m leaning towards black and white damask with fuchsia accents. Other than that I want the theme to be very traditional.

Post # 23
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

So I finally decided to join as well. I’ve been engaged for over a year now and it’s time to start planning. I came across this site while stressing out over save the dates! I’ve made a deposit on a venue for 10.10.10 but have been known to change my mind a time or too. I’m looking forward to a non traditional wedding b/c the whole spotlight thing is not my thing. Far from shy, just value comfort. DOG PERSON!

Post # 24
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Hey y’all!

My name is Andrea and I’m new. ๐Ÿ™‚

My fantastical fiancee and I got engaged on December 12, 2009 after three and a half wild ‘n wonderful years of dating; we are currently in the thick of wedding planning since we’d like to pull off a Labor Day 2010 affair. This week I think we’ll be visiting some potential venues, and we’re hoping to have all of the major stuff (i.e., ceremony site, reception site, photographer, etc.) booked within the next few weeks.

As for us? We’re both 28 years old and live in northern Ohio. I’m a librarian and he works for a country music radio station. (The irony? We’re both really not big fans of country music, ha!) We appeal to each others’ inner eight-year-old selves and enjoy the little, simpler things in life when we’re together. One of our biggest bonding moments early on in our relationship was when we discovered that we both grew up on the same cheesy AM radio music. (“Oh my gosh, you know all the words to Kenny Rogers’ Greatest Hits CD, too?!”) We plan to feature it on our reception playlist. ๐Ÿ™‚

Looking forward to navigating around the site and getting to know y’all a little better! Thanks for reading!

And PS, I’m definitely a dog person!

Post # 25
129 posts
Blushing bee

@ Sandy.. wow Sandy you only like 45 mins away from me.. I live in the capital of Sacramento..my sisters hustand works in Woodland all the time. We might be even moving there after my fiance finishes CHP Academy..

@ Hostess you are also local.. whoohoo! lol.. thats nice to know.. I was thinking of applying to UCDavis, but only realized i would have to take more classes than in Sac State.. so i just went with that..easy way out..lol.

well nice to meet you both!!

Post # 26
946 posts
Busy bee

I’ve been lurking around for about a month now, but I suppose it’s time to formally introduce myself.  I am currently waiting.  I met my SO while rock climbing.  I was already in a long term relationship, and not looking for anything else, despite being unhappy in my current situation.  Long story short, I couildn’t quit thinking about this guy I had met climbing and now, we’ve been together for a little under a year.  We finish eachothers sentences, make up with tickle fights, and instill confidence in eachother while climbing.  I’m not in a hurry to get married, but I know he is the one! 

I chose the name Miss Biner because we like to rock climb and one of the common pieces of equipment is a caribiner, which we shorten to call biners.  I am waiting, but I have an inkling that the day might be soon.  I was told directly this weekend that it would not be Valentine’s Day, but that I wouldn’t have to wait too much longer.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I am a dog person…and begrudgingly a cat person.  I am the mom to a beautiful 45-lb border collie/brittany spaniel mix.  I love taking her out climbing with me, and having a warm furbaby to cuddle with at night.  Enter my SO, with THREE cats.  I have never been particularly fond of cats, but here I am falling in love with a man with THREE of them.  And so now almost a year later, I find myself almost kind of liking those little furry felines. 

Post # 27
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Hello all!

I’m newly engaged (New Years Eve BABY) and super excited to join all of you Smile

I’ve been dating mr.happyheart for 4 years. He’s a chef and I love to eat. PERFECT hehe. We’re pretty different, actually. I’m very outspoken and goofy and he is more shy and reserved. Despite his shyness, I finally just got up my nerve and asked this cutie out. He said yes, and the rest is history. He’s a country man, and I’m a city girl, so I am dying to incorporate some country flair into our wedding. Secretly, I want to be a cowgirl soooo….

I’m a DOG person all the way. We’ll be trying to incorporate my basset hound (Nutella) and old english sheepdog (Waffles) into the wedding.

Post # 29
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Hola,

I’m Mrs. Flutterbye, almost 3 months married! I’ve been following the Hive for less than and year and just recently registerd myself. I know I’m already married but I just got so much from Weddingbee that I’d like to share anything I can with the waiting or engaged bees and maybe start some chats with the other married bees. I currently live in NC and the Mr. and I had an amazing farm wedding come true this past November. Planning was overwhelming but happy. We had the challenge of making our event work for the Mexican side of my family and his Southern & Live all over the US Family! In the end we just made it work for us and everything else fell into place.

Our black lab Lola is just the center of our world, she is wonderful and oh so spoiled.

Hope to chat with you all soon!!!

Post # 30
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hello, I’ve been reading the site since I got engaged on Friday the 13th in November but just finally joined this past Friday.  We would like to have our wedding in September, but the mister got laid off right around the time we got engaged so unless he gets a job in the next month we’ll have to move it to June 2011.  We’re city peeps living in Seattle in our own places but currently looking for a place together.  We have 4 cats between the 2 of us so I guess that makes us cat people?  I’d love to get a dog though once we have a house.

Post # 31
Bee
2360 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

welcome to all the NewBees!  You’ll love it here ๐Ÿ™‚

I do enjoy dogs but I’m DEFINITELY a cat person

The topic ‘Weekly Welcome 01/15/10-01/22/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors