(Closed) Weekly Welcome 02/20/10-02/28/10

posted 8 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 3
3285 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Oooh, Mrs. DG, have a wonderful and safe trip!

My fave vacay spot is definitely Hawaii…so many fun things to do, I have family there and the weather is always great =)

(Also…I have been here FOREVER, but for any newbees – as you can see ^^ I’m a “newlywed” bee that lives in Central Florida and my name is in my username!)

Post # 4
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

Have fun, Mrs. DG! 

I absolutely love pretty much anywhere in the Caribbean. Smile I’ve been on a cruise before and I can safely say that’s my absolute favorite way to travel! I think my favorite out of the places I’ve been is Jamaica – so beautiful!

Also, to any newbees – welcome! Smile

Post # 5
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hope you have fun Mrs. DG.

Hi Everyone, I finally joined today after lurking for awhile.  I’m such a worry wart, seriously.  I have been happily engaged since 12/12/09, however, I’ve been worrying everyday about the wedding since then, too!  I worry about making the wrong choices and decisions that I end up not making any decisions at all!  Wedding is a few months away and I only got the ceremony venue, reception, and finally my dress.  I got to be a busy bee soon! I live in N. Cal with Fiance and my two cute dogs.

So far my favorite vacation spot is Hawaii because I love the beaches there.  For my honeymoon, I hope to go to St. Thomas to lounge on the beaches there the whole day.

Post # 6
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Hey Mrs. D.g, I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!!

In regards to spots for vacation I think it would be Puerto Rico. I haven’t been there since I was young, but I have such fond memories of it that I know it would be amazing. My Fiance and I became engaged on the last year on the 24th of December. It was wonderful. Both of our families were together for Christmas and he placed an ornament in the present (which is a set of pj’s so that the next day you can take pictures in your new cute pajamas.). The ornament was an opened ring box with an engagement ring figurine and the date 2009 inside. Needless to say lots of tears were seen from everyone! I am in the beginning stages. We know what colors and type of venue but since we are on a budget we can only afford to invite a small number of guests. I never thought I knew as many people as I do! I’m stressed but hopefully we will find some venues soon. Our date in January of next year in Miami, FL. I need all the help I can get for finding anything decently priced!

Thanks you so much for the welcome!

Post # 7
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

Hi All,

I just found Weddingbee and I love it! I got engaged on December 12, 2009 and I am planning an August 14, 2010 wedding with my fiance. We live in Vermont and are getting married here. I have a venue (the same for ceremony and reception) and my dress. The many pieces are falling into place. I am excited to start working on DIY projects and love so many of the ideas I have seen here, so many creative and talented ladies!

I hope you have a great trip, Mrs. DG! I love vacationing at the beach, any beach as long as it is sunny and warm.

Thanks for the welcome.

Post # 8
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie πŸ™‚

My fiance and I got engaged last month (january) and are busy planning our TWO weddings. I am originally from Upstate NY (fingerlakes region) and he is from Australia. We are currently living in Australia, and have decided 2 weddings will be cheaper (hopefully) rather than flying everyone back and forth. So we are having our first wedding in NY on 10/10/10 (always wanted an autumn wedding!) and our second wedding on 10/29/10 in Australia, and it will be a spring wedding. We have both ceremony and reception venues booked for each wedding, I’ve bought my dress, and we have photographer and cake decorator for both weddings as well. I’ve made and sent out all my “save the date” cards too! It’s been a very busy month haha.

I’m hoping to get tons of great ideas and tips from all the lovely people on this site, as well as share some of my own! πŸ™‚

As for my favorite relaxing vacation, I’d currently have to say somewhere nice and cold in the mountains with lots of snow, sitting by a fireplace with some hot chocolate πŸ™‚

Post # 9
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Alright, I’m a newbie too. 

My name is Lindsey, I got engaged to Mr. W back in January – although we’ve been planning for several months now.  My first “engagement ring” was a piece of yarn wrapped around my ring finger, because we hadn’t chosen my engagement ring yet. We happened to be standing in his Dad’s fiber room (his Dad is an avid knitter) and Nathan said “two months, and I’ll put a real ring on this finger.” *laugh* It’s been a month…and the ring has been ordered, but still needs to be sized.

He and I have been together for two years now, friends for 7 years, long distance (he’s in California, I’m in Washington DC) and I was out in January to visit with him and meet his parents, after a six month absence.  He will be moving out here in December, and we are getting married in Northern Virginia, February 25th of 2011.   Our wedding plans are being kind of clumped together because we only have week-long spurts of face-to-face time, and it’s a very small and offbeat wedding.

His next trip out is in the end of March – we have a cake tasting, engagement photos, and I I get the ring that has been sitting unseen in a box on my desk!! 

So excited to get more involved with the community here! 

Post # 10
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hello Officially everyone, I have been all over the boards this last week because I have been lurking so long and couldn’t wait to jump into the fray! I am engaged as per the zillions of conversations my man and I have had, but have yet to make it really “official” with the ring of my dreams! We met in highschool and always had a thing for each other but it was never the right time. Seven years later, it couldn’t me more right! It’s been such a fairytale so far, but I am definitely nervous to start planning THE wedding! I know I will be asking many, many questions in the future! My name is Sarah and I couldn’t be more excited to be here!

Post # 11
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hi everyone!  I’ve been a member for a while, and randomly posting here and there, but I’ve never officially introduced myself!  I’m getting married in less than 100 days!

Post # 12
1752 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Another new”bee” here.  I’ve been reading for a long time too, but finally decided that I wanted to be involved πŸ™‚

My finace and I got engaged just over a year ago now, and our wedding is in 4 months.  We have a bit of a low- budget wedding, so I have spent tons of time looking for things that I love at a LOW price.  I have been pouring thru web pages to try to find the most economical ways to make a big impact.  Now I have 117 days left, and we are cruzing thru the last few months.

My favorite vaca spot is anywhere where there is sun, a beach and a big pool.  Our honeymoon will be in Jamicia – sounds about right πŸ™‚

Post # 13
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Hello all!

I’ve been around for a week or so, but haven’t done too much posting.  I love the positive energy around here though, everyone  is so supportive and creative! I’ve been engaged for almost two months now, he proposed on the evening of New Years Day.  We had been dating for exactly one year when he proposed, though we have known each other for 10 years and were quite serious for two years in high school.  I’m so glad that I get to spend forever with him!

I am planning a wedding for spring 2011, but our date isn’t entirely determined yet.  Probably April, but possibly as early as January, which I suppose would make it a winter wedding!  We are going to visit reception venues  this week and next week so that we can solidify these things!  I already have my dress, which is fabulous and my avatar.  I want to plan an elegant and colorful wedding, and will probably be having 200 or so guests.  Yikes!

My favorite vacation spot I think would be Europe.  So many interesting things to see, and I love all the history there.  I would also go for a beach in the sun though!

Post # 14
1078 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

@Mrs. DG: Hope you have a blast in the Riviera Maya! Which of the Mayan ruins will you be visiting? I love Chicken Itza!

Welcome, new bees!

Post # 15
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Hey all,

Been reading here for several months and decided I’d stop lurking.  Getting married in August in Ireland!

Favorite vacation spot?  Probably anywhere in Europe.  Love the history!

Post # 16
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been reading the boards here and there for some time now, probably before we got engaged, hehe.  Recently, I’ve made it a daily ritual to visit WeddingBee and see what new creative ideas or advice everyone has to offer, but haven’t made any posts of my own.  

We got engaged in June of last year on our 4th anniversary and are getting married Labor Day weekend of this year.  We have most of the “major” items, I think, figured out – date, venue, photographer, DJ, florist, hair/makeup, dress.  We have our save-the-dates done and have sent out most of them.  Now I am playing with different ideas for the invitations.  Our guest list right now is about 400 people, but we are hoping to trim it down to 250 – 300.  Most of the guest list is my side as I have a very large extended family, plus, there are multiple divorces from both of our parents.  That hasn’t been very fun to deal with.

My favorite vacation spot at the moment is Hawaii.  There are so many beautiful beaches and I just love napping under the sun (with tons of sunblock on of course, and probably a hat). 

The topic ‘Weekly Welcome 02/20/10-02/28/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors